Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Market system is live!

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by XpL View Post
    However, creating an alt account in protest is a violation of a key rule and that would result in complete exclusion from the domain.
    Worse than, in a word, bullying? Looks like, once again, we're at an agreement.

Fortunately, it looks like getting banned because (^: won't ever be happening.

[24-12, 03:05] Zachgoose: Anything that will affect other users will be removed

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1332-8198-6921
    I believe that as long as you set the right rules with alts that it should be ok. Like

1 alt only
    Don't use the alt to troll/break any rules.
    Break the rules and alt permbanned and main account gets the punishment depending on what you did. Also you can't make another alt again.
    And if you make a alt you need to tell a staff member.
    Had 1527 rep before rep system died.

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    I'm not sure you understand - if this was a school, getting banned because someone feels like it would be like setting fire to their locker. It should never happen, and if it does I'm going to have it reversed no matter what.
    You have a point. Like I said before, it's like paying a cop to go and punish someone for no crime. Even though you later end up telling them: "Ha! It was a joke! No harm meant," they might feel extremely different. Maybe they could have spent that time on the forums making posts or threads.
    But know that the system is now in limbo and will stay that way for at least a while so revisions can be made. The system was quickly released in time for the holidays, and as you know, rushing isn't always a good idea. No matter how hard a person works, they can't pick everything up in their peripheral vision.

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    I don't think the rules regarding alts will be changed any time soon. Unlike social media (Twitter/Facebook/etc) there is ZERO reason why a normal user (not Zach/Garth testing something) would need an alt. They create confusion as to the person's identity and end up resulting in people misleading others/using their accounts for mischief.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    ^ Exactly what marissa said. There's no reason for an alt, at all. Why have one? If we find out you made an alt, it's getting banned, simple as that. That's not being hardline, it's being sensible.

I for one woke up too late to see the market system in action, but I appreciate the hard work Zach and Garth have put into this. I'm sure it'll prove to be a wonderful and fun feature of the forums. = )

EDIT: I am now aware of the entire situation, and let me say a few things as the other admin around here:

1. Please don't patronize Zach or Garth. They worked tirelessly on this system to make the forums more fun for everyone. Troubleshooting is one thing, but banning mods and the like is not acceptable. This is a lot of stress for someone to deal with on Christmas Eve, so leave them be for now and let them fix stuff up.

2. The ban feature will not be in the final version. I didn't even know it was in this one. So yeah, no worries there.

More to come as I get more thoughts on it later.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345