Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: [CLOSED] Competitive baker

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I forgot the bread existed LOL.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    GG. I'm sorry I vegged, my internet must have been a little wonky, because I didn't see anymore posts after the "Bread is eaten once during the day, and once during the night" post. Anyways, I'm a little sad, because the one person I stole bread to got bread back, and I never knew my teammates till the very end, but nonetheless everyone played a very good game.

Once again, good game, and sorry.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And they thought I forgot about this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayru View Post
    Pokemon73, the witch, has turned into a vegetable
    Lugia, the watcher, has turned into a vegetable.
    (we all warned you several times)
    StarryPikachuSky, the thief, has turned into a vegetable
    Also, can people please stop vegging? Town has done nothing but lynch VS this entire game, yet mafia have lost 2/3
    The case presented: 3 idle players that resulted in 3 god kills. Argued to have ruined the game and the experience of players. Town lost a PR and Mafia lost 2 members. Mafia winning is not taken into consideration of the decision due to the game ending on a 3-way coin flip.

In the interest of a fair game for all, we created the following rules. It is expected players respect these, so as to not waste time and impact others negatively. They are as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by XpL View Post
    We politely ask however you respect the time commitment necessary to effectively play Mafia and understand the emotional strain that comes with it. To expand on this: typical Mafia games with 7-12 players take on average 3-4 days to complete. Setups which typically end on Day 3 or Day 4 phase can potentially last up to 9-11 days if the time constraints are used to the fullest. Mafia also involves a lot of posting and reading which require extra thought that other games. It is not unreasonable for players to spend anyway from 1-2 up to 6-8 hours a day playing Mafia!
    Quote Originally Posted by XpL View Post
    3. Day phases last 48 hours. For your lynch to count you must wrap it in bold bbcode.
    For example:
    The day phase ends once all players have simultaneously voted or the time limit has expired. If the time limit has expired players are subject to being mod killed.

4. Night phases last 24 hours. The night phase ends once the host has received all PMs confirming night actions or 24 hours have elapsed since they were sent out. Any players who do not return PMs within the 24 hours are subject to being mod killed. No posts may be made during the night phase.
    Games that involve human players rely on good sportsmanship and commitment. We godkill players in the interest of maintaining interest of mafia games since they tend to dwindle towards the end. It is a first tier deterrent to players negatively impacting the experience of others. It is assumed that players actively want to participate in the mafia section, that the potential for them to be forcibly removed would conflict with their desire to play.

As a second tier deterrent, we suspend players from joining future games after repeated violations. While this may conflict with our goals of expanding the mafia section, we are of the opinion that these players require discipline in the aspiration that they do not re-offend. (no political prison arguments please) Hopefully we only need to warn players as I am very hesitant to banning members from a section I have invested time and want to grow. However in light of this game, I am forced to act as moderator of the section to make a statement and act accordingly.

In a moderately differently toned version, Zachgoose puts it as such:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    Needless to say, I think several people should be receiving bans from mafia games.

IF YOU CANNOT CHECK AND POST IN A MAFIA THREAD AT LEAST 2 OR 3 TIMES A DAY THEN DO NOT JOIN FUTURE MAFIA GAMES. The host's rule was that you have a maximum of 24 hours to submit night actions. It's not that hard.
    Lugia is suspended from five mafia games for a repeated violation and placed on a last warning. Any further rule violations will result in a lifetime ban from mafia games. The severity is due from a history of broken rules and in this game in particular, being reminded several times by multiple players and directly from the host themselves to post and not veg. (your host application is also voided if you were wondering)

Pokemon73 is suspended from three mafia games due to a history of rule violations. P73 does not appear to be active on the forums anymore, I do not think he will see this post within 3 mafia games anyway. (the incident of a suspected gamethrow lynch from a previous game is taken into account)

StaryPikachuSky is suspended for two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    Anyway, regardless of how XpL decides to punish the offenders, I am not going to award points for this game seeing how after everything has happened the entire game is basically going to amount to a coin flip with absolutely no leads on either side.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This was very well put, XpL, and it helped me realise that by signing up for a mafia game, I am also making a commitment to my fellow players of my time and my participation, not merely having a good time for myself. I either did not think about or had forgotten about the impact that my vegging would have on everyone else's game. And I am sincerely sorry for doing that to you all. I understand the reasons for the severity of my punishment, and when I retrn to mafia after this suspension, I hope to give the opposing side a real run for their money, whether I'm mafia or town. Because I will not be going down without a fight!!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718