Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Volt White Randomizer Save Swappers Nuzlocke!

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Pokémon Volt White Randomizer Save Swappers Nuzlocke!

Hello there. I got bored of waiting for IdioticInfernape to update the Platinum chain play, so GengyGengar and I are going to be doing a *insert thread title here*. Some of you may be wondering what the hell a *insert thread title here* is (and by some of you, I mean only like, two of you, but just shut up and keep reading), so here's a little Q&A-ish thing.

What is Pokémon Volt White?
    Pokémon Volt White is a ROM hack of Pokémon White. The game features every Pokémon up until 5th gen, new abilities, new level up moves, stat changes, higher levels, etc.

What is a randomizer?
    Gengy and I are playing through a randomized version of this hack. Meaning, every Pokémon you find will be a random one instead of the ones usually found in the area. The following things will be randomized in this challenge:
    • The starter Pokémon are three completely random Pokémon.
    • The level up moveset of every Pokémon is random.
    • Trainer's Pokémon, names, and class names are all random.
    • Wild Pokémon are random.
    • The TMs you get in the game are random.

What is a "save swappers"?
    Basically, it's a chain play of two people. Person A plays through a certain part of the game, then he sends the save file to Person B. Person B then plays through another part of the game and sends the save file back to Person A. They keep doing this until they beat the game.

What is a nuzlocke?
    A nuzlocke is a challenge where the player plays by self-imposed rules to make the game harder. The rules we will be playing by are as follows:
    1. If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and may not be used in battle. It has to be either released or deposited in a PC box for all eternity.
      • The nuzlocke challenge isn't over even if you white out, as long as you still have Pokémon in the PC.
    2. You may only capture the first Pokémon you encounter in each area.
      • Dupes Clause: If the first encounter is a Pokémon that has been captured before or in the same evolution line, then it does not count as your "first encounter" and you may encounter something else instead.
      • Shiny Clause: If you find a wild shiny Pokémon, you are free to capture it regardless of whether it's your first encounter or if it conflicts with dupes clause.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokémon.

So yeah, that's the entire challenge in a nutshell. Like I said earlier, I will be doing this with GengyGengar, so the both of us will be posting updates on this in this thread. This is the order we came up with.

X!!: Gym 1
    GengyGengar: Gym 2
    X!!: Gym 3
    GengyGengar: Gym 4
    X!!: Gym 5
    GengyGengar: Gym 6
    X!!: Gym 7
    GengyGengar: Gym 8
    X!!: Victory Road and the first E4 member
    GengyGengar: The rest of the E4
    X!!: N
    GengyGengar: Ghetsis

Just a reminder, this is a NUZLOCKE, so we can't afford to intentionally screw each other over after every update. This will be a group effort, so don't expect us to be stuck with a level 2 Rattata when we start the game. If we lose the nuzlocke, we'll probably continue this. We haven't decided on what we're going to do yet, but we'll definitely decide on something if we get to that point.
    Last edited by X!!; 01-19-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    if you guys dont lose at least twice ill be disappointed
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    hey yo what what

sonrio no one asked for your opinion js besides me and x are gonna crush it so lol@u

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    if you decode the OP, he's actually saying "we're looking for the best way to make each others' in-game experiences as miserable as possible"

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    wowowowowowow.
    I literally started the chain play today, and I'm pretty much done. Gengar, you are gonna have a magikarp only because of this.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    First of all, don't bring up irrelevant things.
    Second of all, stop acting like this was made to compete with your dumb chain play or whatever. We decided that we wanted to do this because we want to.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by GengyGengar View Post
    First of all, don't bring up irrelevant things.
    Second of all, stop acting like this was made to compete with your dumb chain play or whatever. We decided that we wanted to do this because we want to.
    Jeez can you not take a joke? My goodness lol.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Update #1
    Spoiler!

Current Status:
    Spoiler!

Encounter Archive:
    Spoiler!

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    HOLY **** I'M BEING ROBBED!

This is kind of amazing to see (most impressive encounter you had was the Reshiram imo(screw Arceus)), but your comment on each frame is hilarious.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hot potato!!!!! not save swappers!!!!!!

this challenge looks pretty funny tho :^) i like it
    keep up the good work don't add commentary
    Last edited by Bricktoad; 01-19-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast