Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: Calm down, Giratina-O remains in Ubers

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Update: Calm down, Giratina-O remains in Ubers

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    watch giratina-o get used in ou and then banned from ou.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    I saw this xD No way does it deserve to be in OU, what in OU can reliably take a hit from this thing and hit back hard enough to kill?

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, on the plus side, they're moving on from banning things that aren't good enough for ubers to ubers. Now they're lowering things too good for OU to OU. It's a change from their normal formula, at least! ^_^

This describes me so well it's saddening...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    But it's an awful change to the formula because the "competitive experts" over at Smogon, to be quite honest, have no idea what they're doing. I mean, who in their right mind would think that GIRATINA-O deserves to move down to OU? All of the people in the thread are saying it should move down because 150/100/100 defences and 120/120 attack stats, which in my opinion is too much for OU, and is why it shouldn't move down. True, 90 speed isn't favourable but nothing in OU can take a hit from this thing, and it can sponge too many hits. It would be OP in OU, in my opinion, and would be subsequently banned soon after. Yes, it's weak to Knock Off, but is that really enough to deserve a drop in tier?

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The thing is that Giratina-O has extreme 150/100/100 defenses and a decent Ghost/Dragon typing which brings it resistancese to Fire, Water, Electric and an immunity to Ground thanks to Levitate. Then add its decent twin base 120 offenses plus a Griseous Orb and you are suddenly facing a huge threat. Not to mention Knock Off doesn't hurt it as much as other stuff weak to it since it's unable to remove its item. It has a GIGANTIC movepool and the stats to make use of it.

I get it, Gira-O has no recovery move and is quite slow, but it will set a truly dangerous precedent if it becomes OU. It's much better than Kyurem-B, for sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    And it is for those exact reasons that people want Gira-O to be OU, because then it will give the tier a more defensive style. No, Gira-O is too much. If it gets moved down, I will refuse to play OU because it will be Greninja all over again; it will be on every single team and it will get boring very quickly.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    ah, looks like aegislash is coming back guys
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Thank god.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast