Thread: Beautiful Angels (redo)

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Beautiful Angels (redo)

Yaaay, another rewrite thingy~ :3 Hopefully this is better.

I groaned as sunlight flooded into my room and pulled the covers over my head. I heard my mom’s quick footsteps and braced myself for the worst. The last time I didn’t get up when she wanted to, she put a lizard next to me on my pillow.

“Wakey, wakey!” Mom sang as she yanked the covers off of me. I squinted up at her through the bright light and frowned.

“Mom, it’s the day before school! I think I deserve to sleep in!” I sat up and narrowed my eyes at her. She only smirked at me.

“You know the tradition, Abby! We go school shopping the day before school! That way, you can’t hide your supplies and say that you can’t go to school without your Barbie pencils.”

“That was ten years ago! I learned my lesson!” I couldn’t believe that Mom was still holding a grudge over that. It wasn’t that bad.

“Come on, Abigail,” Mom huffed, blowing a bit of ginger hair from her face. She glanced towards the door and lowered her voice. “This will give you some time to bond with Elizabeth. I know you’ve been wanting to get to know her more.”

“She’s too scared of me. She’s scared of you. She’s scared of everything. Mom, what happened to her that was so bad that she can’t trust anyone?” Mom took a deep breath and sat down next to me on the bed.

“It’s not my story to tell, Abigail. You know that. Just give her some time.”

“She’s had plenty of time! It’s been months! I want to talk to my new little sister without her panicking or running away. I need to know what I’m doing wrong that’s scaring her so bad.” I stopped talking when I heard a tiny knock on my door. Elizabeth opened the door a tiny crack and peeked in nervously.

“Mrs. Adams, s-someone’s at the door,” she said in a whispery voice. Mom patted my shoulder and walked over to Elizabeth.

“You don’t always have to call me that, Elizabeth. You can call me Mom, or even Mommy if you want,” she said gently, brushing some of Elizabeth’s wild hair from her face. I noticed that she flinched away at Mom’s touch and frowned. Mom sighed and left the room. Elizabeth looked at me with wide hazel eyes. I patted my bed.

“Come on, Elizabeth. Let’s have some sister-bonding time.” Elizabeth curled a bit of tangly hair around her finger and stood in the doorway a few moments before walking over to my bed. I frowned.

“Why don’t you sit down?” I asked. Elizabeth stared at the bed and shook her head.

“I… I’ve never sat on a bed before… Are you sure that I’m allowed to?” she asked, looking close to tears. I stared at her with wide eyes.

“You have to have slept in a bed before… Sat on one before, right? Where do you sleep at night?” She looked at the ground and frowned.

“I sleep on the floor… Mommy and Daddy said that it was the only thing I was allowed to touch without needing permission… Mommy and Daddy were mean…” I ground my teeth and hugged Elizabeth. She stiffened in my arms and started to cry.

“They are NOT your mother and father, alright? They’re Monster 1 and Monster 2. They don’t deserve to be called parents. You’ll never have to see them again, alright Eli?” Elizabeth looked up at me and sniffled.

“They’re not the monsters… I am,” she said, ducking out of my arms and running out of the room. I frowned. Why would she think of herself as a monster?

Mom walked back into the room with a frown. “Don’t worry. She’ll start to trust you eventually,” she said. I sighed and shook my head.

“I don’t think so… I only learned one thing about her, and that was by accident… She said that she sleeps on the floor because she didn’t have permission to use the bed. Mom, she needs help. Someone to talk to…”

“Abby, she won’t even talk to me, and she trusts me more than you—”

“Why? What did you do that was so special, Mom?”

“I saved her from that hellhole that she was in. If it wasn’t for me, she… She could be dead… Then things would be even worse than they are now.”

I frowned. What was she talking about? Were the two of them keeping secrets from me or something? Elizabeth only talks to Mom in private, and stays quiet when I’m around. She stays away from me if she can.

“Mom—”

“That’s enough, Abby. Get dressed so that we can go school shopping.”

I'm cool like the rain and hot like the sun, I'm a neon rainbow and you're no fun~

Spoiler!

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    I'm super late on this but idc, I'm really intrigued by this! I hope you continue it soon~ :3