Thread: Don't Rest Your Head [OPEN]

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Don't Rest Your Head [OPEN]

Looking for GM I'm not very good at GMing, so I would appreciate it if someone would take over

I'm not very good at describing things, so I'll let the game describe itself

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Rest Your Head
    You can’t sleep. It started like that for all of us, back when we were garden variety insomniacs. Maybe you had nightmares (God knows we all do now), or maybe you just had problems that wouldn’t let you sleep. Hell, maybe you were just over-caffeinated. But then something clicked.

That was when you took a long walk down the streets of the Mad City, stopped being a Sleeper, and started being Awake. But that click you heard wasn’t from the secret world snapping into place. It was the sound of the Nightmares flicking off the safety and pointing a gun at your head.

They can smell you. The Paper Boys are closing in, and you’d better pray you don’t become a headline. You’re chum in the water, my friend, and it’s time you got ready for it… before the clock chimes thirteen again. Now that you’re one of us, there’s just one simple rule left that must dominate your life.

Stay Awake. Don’t Rest Your Head.

Don’t Rest Your Head is a sleek, dangerous little game, where your players are all insomniac protagonists with superpowers, fighting — and using — exhaustion and madness to stay alive, and awake for just one more night, in a reality gone way wrong called the Mad City. It features its own system, and is contained entirely within one book.
    Said book being here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ivvomkx06...rsion.pdf?dl=0

You don't have to read all of it, as it is about 40 pages, but if you want to that's fine. Here's an abbreviated version of the rules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52hvyv0m99...mmary.png?dl=0
    If you don't understand it, don't worry, it will all be explained as it comes up. Anyway, if anyone reads this and thinks up a good story and wishes to be the GM, I am fine with that. Just let me know and I'll let you have complete control. (I really wanna play this game too y'know)

For those of you who want to play, you just have to answer five questions about your character: What’s Been Keeping You Awake?, What Just Happened to You?, What’s on the Surface?, What Lies Beneath?, and What’s Your Path?
    In addition, the characters have two talents: exhaustion and madness. Exhaustion talents are mundane skills that the characters can perform superhumanly well, such as increased athletics, gun shooting skills ect.
    Madness talents are talents that just plain break reality, such as mind reading, teleportation, etc.
    Each character can have one of each talent at a time, and it is (normally) impossible to change them once in the game, so think carefully about what they will be. Ideally, they tie into your character's personality, such as an athlete having super strength, or someone with a gambling problem to have super gambling skills. Things like that.
    Finally, you need 3 check boxes labeled either fight or flight. You can have as many of each one as you like, as long as the overall number stays 3. Again, this is best coordinated with the character's personality. EG: A nervous character might have all three check boxes labeled "flight," or an aggressive character might have them labeled as "fight,' or some combination of the two.
    If you need more information, just look at the book. anyway, here's a form to fill out for that:

Spoiler!

(BTW for dice rolls, I will be using an online simulator and taking screencaps. I'm not gonna cheat or anything; that would make the game boring)
    Now accepting applications!

PS: As this is my first time as a GM, my game may not be that good, but I hope it will at least be entertaining. As I said before, if someone else wants to GM, they are free to do so.
    PPS: If you want to speak out of character after the game starts, put two parentheses where your sentence will be. Example: ((This is how you speak out of character))
    Last edited by ozzi9816; 05-23-2015 at 06:04 AM.
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!