Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Exciting Installment in the Super Skarmory Series!

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671

The Next Exciting Installment in the Super Skarmory Series!

Working title.

Note: Everything that is following is not final and still up for debate. Please contribute to the discussion if you would like to have an impact on the plans for these forums.

So it's summer time, which means it's traditional forum changing season around these parts. As you know, we're currently trapped in an interesting predicament: Named after a dead Youtuber from years ago, no way to gain new members, slowly losing people over time. As a result, post count and activity have gone down.

Well, have I got a solution for you! What's this? Something that will breathe life back into the community?

Yes!!!!

From the creators who brought you Forumotion Version 1, Pokestation, SS.net Version 1, Forumotion Version 2, and the most recent and critically acclaimed SS.net Version 2 (this current site) comes the thrilling conclusion to the Pokestation series...

Pokestation Version 2!

That's right babies, we're merging back with Pokestation again just like we did in 2010! Exciting, right? Those of you old school kids (well I guess all of you are in like university now) remember Pokestation as a sort of... dark experience on the SS timeline. Essentially, CloneCharizard's (the old owner of Pokestation at the time) idea of merging in the past was basically, "hey how about you guys leave your forum and come join mine?" i.e. The SS community was alienated because they were forced into a new forum where they had basically no control or identity, so we left after a year.

But this time around... The SS community breaks free! Pokestation, now known as Pokecheats.net is completely under popular SS forum user Garthcune's control. That site gets plenty of activity on its home page due to its Pokemon tools, but it has not been updated for years and they have absolutely no activity on their forum. Thus, it has the incoming traffic that these forums desperately need.

We are planning to completely revamp the Pokecheats website by removing the outdated content on its page, and replacing their old forums with our own. Both websites will be rebirthed, and we will have an active front news page which is updated every few days (Think Serebii or Pokebeach). Due to the name Pokecheats as well as the interests of this forum, the front page content will primarily focus upon Nintendo news, as well as the "hacking" or "cheating" aspects of Pokemon games. Additionally, we will cover any other relevant gaming news as well as content that is applicable to forum users themselves (such as tournaments and general forum news). Forum users will also have the chance to write guest articles which will feature on the front page!

ACTIVITY BABY

What does this mean for the forums themselves? Well, we've currently reached a stagnant point in this forum in which it is difficult to make new threads/posts. Although this is still up for debate, based on community responses, we will archive these current forums so you can access them whenever you'd like. However, the "main" forums will have post counts wiped to 0 and it will appear as if it were a new and empty forum. This means all of you can remake your epic "lol wats ur favorite color" threads you love so much! Don't worry, your currently existing forum account and the points system will remain intact.

The changes to the forums to themselves are still being decided, but points will be easier to obtain and we will likely actually implement a "badge" system to honor your contributions to the forum. We will also be considering new staff members if that's your thing and potentially changing our current staff roster.

The move to and revamp of Pokecheats will take place June 30th!

AMAZE EXCITE YAY WOW
    Last edited by Zachgoose; 06-28-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    We had a good run. Actually, a really good run. Three years. : P
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    I've been looking forward to this
    I can't pretend I understand any of this, so I'll refrain from commenting. But I'll repeat the question from the chatbox: Can we write guides or something? I wanna write Zelda guides.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayru View Post
    Can we write guides or something? I wanna write Zelda guides.
    I would imagine if you're a talented writer, yes.
    There's nothing stopping you making a thread and detailing your guide there however.

+1 for PSN era SS.net. Looking back, it had 'decent' content and traffic for what was an emotionally tragic time for the community.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Can't tell you how many times I've roved through Pokécheats and didn't notice everything was written by "Kyohack." Reading is hard.

Also will a few of the important threads like FFQ and the current relevant news threads and the blog sections get preserved, or are we going to have to recreate all them from t=0?

edit Also can I keep my infractions, or will those be erased too? Because I want something to remember my young and stupid days with.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    edit Also can I keep my infractions, or will those be erased too? Because I want something to remember my young and stupid days with.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Pretty sure we all get a funky fresh new start :P

Funny, I didn't even do anything in the first merge. I'm excited though, we'll finally meet new people then!
    Looking forward to the N E W E R A. Does this mean we're going to be named the "Pokecheat's Forums" now or something?
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by Badootel View Post
    Well they do! BRIIN FAH LAAS!
    Last edited by Dragonite; 06-11-2015 at 04:42 AM.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    So uh.....
    About that news page thing...
    Will it be mods only?
    Anyway, seems cool.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    Forum users will also have the chance to write guest articles which will feature on the front page!
    /6char
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast