Thread: Zeldathon Deluxe: A Zelda Marathon Raising Money for Charity: Water!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Zeldathon Deluxe: A Zelda Marathon Raising Money for Charity: Water!

For anyone who doesn't know, Zeldathon is a charity marathon raised by SuperMCGamer, a Mindcracker known for loving Zelda and charity. Him and a bunch of friends play Zelda for 5-6 days non-stop (if all goes right, which I'll get to in a bit) twice a year, once during the summer, and once during the winter. Since the Summer marathon is coming up, I figured I'd spread the word about it here!

Here are three trailers for this year's Zeldathon:
    Spoiler!

"Zeldathon Deluxe is a charity marathon that will give 100% of all donations to charity: water. This marathon will begin June 19th, 2015 at 4PM Eastern Time.

Our aim this marathon is to continue the quality set by Zeldathon Relief, and add onto it by revolutionizing our Adventure System.

Using The Adventure System Deluxe, we will unlock games to be played on the marathon through donations. However, we will also be offering upgrades to unlocked games with more donations. This will allow 3D, HD and Hero Mode game options to be available with the amount of support.

This marathon will hope to raise a grand total of $150,000 for charity: water whom we have worked with in the past, raising $45,874 for the organization. Our past results and proof of fundraising can be seen here: http://mycharitywater.org/zeldathon "
    - SuperMCGamer

For people who haven't watched Zeldathon before, or at least not the last few, the Adventure system is a newer feature of Zeldathon that extends the marathon based on the amount of donations. Let's say Zelda B is unlocked at $50,000 (yes, they've raised more than twice that amount before.) If they raise $50,000 they will play that game, and extend the marathon further. I believe the longest it's been extended is 7 days, where they maxed out everything; however, it's more likely that it will last 6 days even if everything is unlocked.

However, this year, the Adventure System Deluxe is coming into play! So, while Majora's Mask be played at the beginning of the playthrough, if they get enough donations, they will upgrade it to Majora's Mask 3D! Wind Waker will be upgraded to HD, etc.

Other rewards for donating are:
    • Non-unlock goals, such as "Sora will be taped to a table" (yes this has happened) or "'Din' and 'Nayru' will get dressed up and go to the local mall!" (This has also happened.)
    • Every $30 gets a spin of a goal wheel! Many different things are on the goal wheel, such as "The Couch dances to 'My Body is Reggie!'" or "Everyone becomes FrankerZ!" or "Sing Praise to the Chat!"
    • Filename wars are some of the biggest donation incentives! People have raise over $1000 battling on whether or not Link should be named ___________ or _________!
    • These are the main incentives; however, sometimes, they decide to add more! Once, they decided to try to break the donation system by having almost everyone in the chat donate $1 at the same time!

This year will have the most people playing ever, a staggering number of 40 people! Donations are up now, so if you can, you might want to think about donating! $5000 has already been raised, and it will only go up from there!

Zeldathon Deluxe will be live at http://twitch.tv/supermcgamer on June 19th at 4 PM Eastern Time! Hope to see some of you guys in the chat!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For anyone who somehow missed the very end of the last post:

THE ZELDATHON DELUXE COUNTDOWN LIVESTREAM IS LIVE! YOU CAN WATCH IT AT MC'S TWITCH CHANNEL, OR AT http://zeldathon.net WHERE YOU CAN ALSO DONATE!~

I'll update this thread/post with the milestones they reach.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So far, they are slowly creeping on Day 4! They have been streaming for about 61 hours: 30 minutes at this post time, and have raised $66,666.66 so far! IT'S EVIL BUT IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

They are playing Phantom Hourglass currently, and have raised enough money to create eight wells for people in Uganda who need them!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They are about $ 700 away from beating the Zeldathon Relief (The last Zeldathon) record, and have currently raised $105, 472.40 for Charity:Water! They're about $45,000 away from their goal of $150,000, and there is still around 30-60 hours left of the marathon!
    Last edited by Starry; 06-23-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    OH MY GOD. Just as I was going to update that they met their goal, someone donates $25,00 !!!!!! They're not even done!! They have the rest of LBW and Wind Waker HD Three Heart Hero Mode NG+!

The person who donated was the one who created FNAF! Now they have raised $179,889.60! They also raised enough to build 20 wells for Uganda!