Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Of The Month

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Member Of The Month

Hello sports fans!

We are bringing back member of the month except we aren't going to have 500000000 categories that take an eternity to fill out.

What we are going to do is have 10 maybe even less categories but the trick is that you have to give reason as to why the member deserves that category. The reason this is in suggestions at the current moment is that MOTM is about the members. So what I want to do is get your guys' opinions on what categories should be selected. If we want less serious and more silly categories I am unsure of whether i want to keep the justification. Anyways feel free to discuss anything related to Motm here and I'll try to respond to most replies and try to work something out that satisfies everyone's desires. Let's get a healthy discussion going and reach an MOTM that does not suck!

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Back then, filling out ballots were not fun because there was a new topic every month. It just got tedious if anything.

Now with Member of the Month 2.0, I feel more insightful, less stressed out, and I can now throw a football like a pro!
    Last edited by Merga; 08-04-2015 at 10:02 PM.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, I think being a positive influence on the community and making good contributions are two really important factors for MOTM consideration. Not sure how you would define that on a question ballot.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Well, I think being a positive influence on the community and making good contributions are two really important factors for MOTM consideration. Not sure how you would define that on a question ballot.
    Certainly, I think those two things are very important factors aswell.

Let's say you can nominate a member for MVP status.
    An ideal way to go about as to put this in the form of a question would go something along the lines of;

"When nominating x for MVP, think about the following: what has x been doing to improve the community? Does x ever break the rules in any way, shape or form? Is x loyal? If there is a problem, is x there to help? These are just some of the guidelines on what your reasoning should include for nominating x to MVP for this MOTM."

It's not really hard, I don't think to formulate good questions. The difficult part is formulating good categories to nominate people in.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    Remember when everyone trolled and Gabe or someone got it? Good times!
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    nominating myself as "gayest member"
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    nominating myself as "gayest member"
    Of course. All joking aside though, I think we should have like, 3 or 4 serious categories, and 2 or 3 joke categories, and one MVP. That way, people who want the joke categories can have them and there can still be competition for all the serious ones. The MVP will be something like the most popular member. Maybe it can be done automatically, like whoever has the most likes on their posts would get it. The other option would be a voting thing, or a tournament of some sort. Maybe we can even have joke campaigns or something ala "Sonrio for MVP September 2015" style

Just throwing ideas out there
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Sonrio 4 MVP September 2015 whos with me
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Inb4 its a Sonrio vs Eoghan for MOTM every month. Best weaboo would be interesting with all the anime nerds around here lmao

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

you're welcome sonrio

Anyway, what categories should there be? I'm for biggest weeb, but what else? Maybe Trolliest or something. And for the more serious ones, maybe ones like most active, most helpful, most popular, etc
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast