Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pokecheats Forum Beta Help!

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    I brought this up to Garth who informed me that the thing that is triggering the alert/block is PokeSav, and that this has been an issue for years. Unfortunately, although PokeSav is 100% for sure not malware or going to kill your computer brutally, there is not an immediate fix that I know of.

However, I'll be trying to figure out ways to get around this problem and would appreciate any responses on how people are getting around it or who does/does not get this problem (what browser you're using, what your privacy settings are, etc.).

Thanks guy, and sorry about the annoyance.

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, so after a little fiddling around in Chrome settings I believe I found what causes the block. If you go to Settings (top right corner of browser) > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy and uncheck "enable phishing and malware protection", this will stop you from being blocked on the site.

(I realized later that Dragonite mentioned this but OFFICIAL POST this does work it gets the Marissa stamp of "for sure this works")

I personally had it unchecked before because I have a pretty good anti-virus program and problems like these annoy me, but I understand that some people may feel more comfortable having this option enabled and will continue to find a more permanent fix to this issue. Thanks >_<

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    OKAY FOLKS, update time.

[1:26 PM] Garth: you click on the message
    and say you want to view anyways
    the option is right there, it's just a bit hard to find

[1:28 PM] Garth: And yes, this is specifically only 2 certain pokesav files. I have confirmation from google and these files were removed. it just takes time for them to update that in their records and review the site to confirm that it's safe again.

So basically, if you want to leave your malware/phishing option checked, you CAN click on the block message (I believe under "details") and choose to continue anyway. The site is safe.

This problem will eventually be resolved as the files triggering the warning (although not malicious anyway), have been removed to get Google from flagging the site. These things just take a little time to go through sometimes, but the problem has been dealt with.

Thank you for your patience, and please spread the word if your friends are experiencing this issue!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Since August 17th, I've gotten 502 Bad Gateway errors when trying to access some (not all) threads. Restarting the computer hasn't solved this, neither has clearing the browser's cache. I'm using Firefox 40.0.2 on Windows 10.
    Last edited by Tuxy; 08-18-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo

AdministratorBoulder UserEvent ContributorHackerJournalist
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxy View Post
    Since August 17th, I've gotten 502 Bad Gateway errors when trying to access some (not all) threads. Restarting the computer hasn't solved this, neither has clearing the browser's cache. I'm using Firefox 40.0.2 on Windows 10.
    Thanks, this is actually super important for you to report. I was expecting a bit of a traffic influx, but nothing too sever. I'll have a look to make sure the server is okay.
    If you would like to support the work I've done on this site, then please consider donating:

Check out my Online Pokesav.
    Devil's Survivor Savegame Editor

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    So last night and today the header has been doing this on the Midnight Green skin:

Not sure if any other skins have this problem or not.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    I got the gateway error quite a bit before the merge, it forced me to change browsers. I'm using the same as you though, so I don't think that's the problem.

Drago, I got that thing while the forums were down. Now that the forums are up, it's weird to see.

Am I contributing? Probably not, but maybe.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    So the skins are broken and we are unable to fix them, actually. Currently my brainstorm is to keep the banners and switch to recolored versions of the "vbulletin default" skin, but that will take a few hours of work to set up as well.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Also I should mention that I'm seeing the header problem on all of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) so it's most likely a site problem and not Chrome rendering things wrong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    Just fyi it's 100% a problem on part of the skins who decided that they were finally so ancient that it was time to break completely. This is not anything to do with your computers or browsers, but confirmed that the skins are legitimately busted.

As Zach said, it'll require a fair bit of messing around with to get any semblance of the midnight/metal skins back, so I would recommend switching to one of the other available skins in the meantime to avoid any potential issues.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Midnight Blue is working fine (for me, at least)

It's not a problem with all the skins, is it?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast