Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite anime?

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238

What's your favorite anime?

I'm new and I've only watched 3, but my favorite is Sword Art Online. I just love the concept and I like the characters. I'm partly making this so I get animes to watch but I'm also curious to see what other people like as well!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    newb

my favorite is hard to say, but it's either Angel Beats or Kino's Journey

The reasons I like Angel Beats are obvious; it's made by freaking Key animation. This was their last project before they split, so they were at their peak here. Visuals, soundtrack, story, and action were all freaking fantastic. (Also one of the few anime to have a better dub than sub)
    Spoiler!

Now for Kino's Journey, it's much more laid back, and it's made by a smaller company. In all, visually, it's not that impressive. What sets it apart is it's mood. It's kind of impossible to describe it, you just have to go see it for yourself.
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    5300-8155-7838
    Currently: Attack on Titan. It's so good~
    Spoiler!

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    Ah yes, a time to talk about my anime loves.
    EZ top 5 time here we go

1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- The best anime ever. Just... so good. Ed is a babe, Alphonse is my child, and Winry is the waifu to end all waifus. And that's not even mentioning the incredible supporting cast, badass fights, and really heart-wrenching, love-provoking moments. I will never stop preaching my love of this anime.

2) Durarara!! -- Really cool characters navigating a really cool city. Funny, but with loads of chaos and stories woven throughout. Not to mention it's currently airing after being gone (along with my dreams) for years. And the new season looks dang good.

3) Toradora! -- The only school romance comedy I will ever need. The true OTP resides in this anime, and tbh it's so good that it actually made me like a tsundere for once in my life. Really heartwarming and fun, with (again) a great cast of characters to keep the love alive!

4) Psycho-Pass -- Gritty, badass future stuff. Strong as heck female lead who's the only voice of reason in a really crazy world. Makes you think about government, surveillance, and what it means to do the right thing. Also just REALLY cool main characters. Season 2 is inferior (though still pretty good), but the first season will always remain in my top 10.

5) Nichijou -- The cutest anime there ever was. Pure fun, with a touch of love/friendship in there just to glue it all together. Has some of the best laugh-out-loud scenes I have ever watched, and has infinite rewatch value. I have never felt more joy while watching an anime than with Nichijou.

I have varied tastes LOL

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Geez, favorite huh? I would have to say Clannad After Story is still my favorite anime at the moment. No other anime has made me so emotional - happy, sad, miserable, ready to cry, and other such emotions as this one. It's also quite rare for me to find an anime that hits real-life topics like this one does. Truly a masterpiece of slice-of-life and drama in my opinion.

Other runner ups: AnoHana for similar reasons as above. Your Lie in April will eventually go here to but I don't wanna put too much emphasis because I watched it very recently. I also really really enjoyed Steins;Gate and Psycho Pass for the intense drama that both had, only there was more action than the previous 3 mentioned.

Finally, personal favorites that aren't top notch but still favorites - Madoka Magica and Utena. Very similar shows with magical/transformation themes that both deconstruct their genre.

And Nisekoi is my guilty pleasure anime that I know isn't very good but I still enjoy.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Nothing will ever beat Nana for me. Absolutely amazing josei show with an absolutely amazing soundtrack. I was addicted to that series when I first watched it.
    I also just recently completed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which comes in a close second, followed by Clannad (+AS).
    Honorable mentions go to Parasyte, Ouran HSHC, Toradora!, Steins;Gate, Nichijou, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Golden Time, and Death Note.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Durarara!! is my favorite anime. If I may say, Marissa summarized why its so appealing perfectly. So uh... there's that.

If you're interested what my favorite anime of the top 3 (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto) is, Bleach is my favorite there. Bleach was the anime that got me into anime in the first place. And I owe it a lot. Even if the manga isn't the greatest lately.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huge fan of From the New World. It is a show that I believe has plenty of philosophical merit to it in questioning utilitarianism(ie sacrificing for the greater good even if society is disfunctional) and the morality behind several issues concerning your mind. There's a lot of really neat things that go on in the show that typically isn't explored in the majority of anime.

Also the scenery in that show is beautiful and it makes you appreciate rural areas at times. Lots of good world building as well. Check it out if you want a thinker.

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have three anime in mind that are really close.

Durarara: As a few people said, cool setting, cool characters, crazy plot twists. Go watch it, season 2 is still going

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I can't believe that I didn't watch this earlier. The animation is amazing, the characters are lovable in their own right (there is even a few homunculi that people feel bad for in the end, not spoiling which ones), the story is pretty well written, animation looks really well done, and the soundtrack. Probably my favorite soundtrack in anime, at least tied with Cowboy Bebop.

Gurren Lagann: Great cast of characters, some cute moments (there is fanservice, but what do you expect from Trigger?), and really well written/creative fights. Also a good coming of age story if you're into those. A friend of mine described TTGL as "the manliest anime ever made that isn't JJBA", and he's not wrong, really.

And of course, the best anime of all time. /j
    Last edited by Merga; 08-05-2015 at 10:43 PM.

DonatorRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cowboy Bebop, brings back vivid memories for me and is one of the few "animes" that I've have ever watched.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast