Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Charlotte

Very few adolescent boys and girls have an onset of special abilities. Yuu Otosaka uses his ability unbeknownst to others in order to lead a satisfying school life. And then, a girl named Nao Tomori suddenly appears before him. Their encounter reveals the destiny for wielders of special abilities.
    Episodes: 13
    Adaptation: Original
    Studio: PA Works
    Genres: School, Super Power
    Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
    Script: Jun Maeda

Discuss this currently airing show made by the people who brought you suffering and Angel Beats!

I'm sure ch33se has some thoughts on it...
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    After 5 episodes, it's still hard to really come up with any solid remarks, simple because anything we know so far that we think is useless, could come up later being super important.

This is one of those shows that have me super engrossed just because of all the things it throws at me.
    I frequent places like MAL or Reddit, and even try to go on 2ch, which is Japanese only, to get clues or read what other people are saying. MAL has this awesome user by the name of Yuu_vi_Britannia who would translate stuff over from 2ch and share. Too bad everyone else is too busy complaining to read.

For example, this is a manga shot he posted recently, showing a scene that wasn't in the anime:
    Spoiler!

To me, the pacing in the show is kind of sloppy, but not as bad as everyone else is saying.
    And the pizza sauce, which was thought to be a gag, is an important part of the story, like many people are thinking. If the anime continues to do this, then I think the show will be one of the largest users of Chekhov's Gun I've seen in years.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    A lot of people I know are not too happy with it so far, but I'm enjoying this ride. I've watched and played everything KEY has made, and I know their style pretty well at this point. I know this will turn pretty sad by the last episode or so, and humor will start to fade in the next few episodes (6,7) to give way to a serious problem.

Spoiler!

tl;dr It feels formulaic to a lot of people but I think they're setting up hard for later like KEY usually does so I'm enjoying it.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    the loli has key aids and im excited
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    the loli has key aids and im excited
    those japanese colds, i swear
    there's no escape

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Charlotte is certainly a very fun show so far, but I'm honestly a bit worried about the rest of the series. It seems too slow-paced for a one cour anime. We're almost halfway in and still don't really know anything.
    Also, imouto is annoying and should die from that cold. Though most likely it's just a sign of her "powers" awakening or something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I suggest checking out this: http://seagull.hateblo.jp/entry/char...character-neta

It's all in Japanese, but it's barely understandable via Translate.

Anyway, it states some interesting theories, like how Yuu might be copying, or taking away the abilities of people he possesses, or how the pizza sauce can possibly be medicine that is masked by the sweet taste.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    THEORY: the pizza sauce is ayumi's life source

Then when ayumi is on the verge of death, a whole dramatic scene is where yuu eats the food and says its delicious while crying out and ayumi just smiles and says "it was fun, onii-chan". 10/10 maeda scene right there
    Last edited by sonriopoby123; 08-05-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: deicious
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    THEORY: the pizza sauce is ayumi's life source

Then when ayumi is on the verge of death, a whole dramatic scene is where yuu eats the food and says its delicious while crying out and ayumi just smiles and says "it was fun, onii-chan". 10/10 maeda scene right there
    God I hope she dies.

Regarding the show, first episode hooked me in really hard. Unconventional a-hole MC? Cool! Nice pace? Great! Cue second episode, MC not as douchebaggy and kinda normal MC, ok, maybe it's just this episode. Nao being best girl? THIS SHOW IS GREAT! So episode 2, still good. Then came episode 3, 4, and 5 where pacing began to get wonky with what playing baseball taking up a whole episode, rogue superpower user of the week ****, and MC still being typical without any of the Episode 1 uniqueness. I'm beginning to question whether or not I still like this show, but seeing as how Maeda said he'd take the first 6 episodes slow and ramp it up afterwards, I'm really praying he can bring back the feeling I had for this show the first two episodes.

Maeda pls.

Also there's gonna be time travel, you heard it here first.
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Eh, to me Charlotte doesn't really have that big of an impact that I was expecting from a key work. The only nice scenes so far (animation-wise) have been the op and maybe episode 1. Dang key, you gotta step up your game. I didn't even know this was a key thing until now, and that's not a good thing.

Plot is turning out to be a kind of standard "slice-of-life but with superpowers" kind of show. I'm still holding out that it will turn around later on.
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast