View Poll Results: how competitititve r u

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION (competitive af, aka scept)

3 15.79%
  • ALL ITEMS, DONKEY KONG ONLY, WARIO WARE (am casual yo)

2 10.53%
  • NO ITEMS, ANY CHARACTERS, ANY STAGE BESIDES WARIO WARE OH GOD (A mix of the two)

14 73.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How competitive are you when it comes to Smash?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How competitive are you when it comes to Smash?

/Topic

I try to sorta play competitively, but that's hard to do when you have the 3DS version and no tournaments around you to play with XP

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    I am VERY competitive when it comes to Smash. I like to be the absolute best that I can be, and I absolutely hate it when I lose...which happens a lot...

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd like to say I'm competitive, just not in the sense that I would actively train to reach tournament-level competitive. It's a very casual competitiveness, if you get what I mean.

This describes me so well it's saddening...

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I picked the top one because while I don't play OP characters or anything nor do I play melee, I only play omega stages without items anymore really. If I'm playing with friends and we have items on, or I'm playing with more than 1 other person, then I usually don't care and mess around. If I'm on final destination / Omega and it's a 1v1, then I go pretty tryhard tbh. I've played Bowser off and on for almost 15 years, so I feel like I'm not complete trash with him so to speak.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am the most competetive and I will rek RaS in my sleep.

Also fox sucks.
    -Thank You, X, for this awesome Siggy
    http://i.imgur.com/OPqEo4d.png

No one can resist the charming Haku~
    [09-08, 04:15] LovelyOshawott: I forgot to mention something to you, Hakuiin.
    Oshawut X Lying confirmed

I am going to stay Single forever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Smash for me is fun to get competitive, but I never get that competitive all that much. I usually get like that when I'm with friends, and we're having a mini Smash tourney. It's part of the gamer in me that makes me just a bit competitive. But I do like having fun every once and a while and having items on, increasing my and everyone else's chances of getting destroyed by wacky stuff.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    smash sucks and i only go omega to mess around with people
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    #BanGio2015

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    I think I'm basically the only one in my internet social group that isn't super hardcore when it comes to Smash. Back in like 2010 when I first joined and everyone was still playing srs bsns Brawl, I quickly realized that I'd do no better than third in a four person match-- I just never wanted to train seriously and hadn't even considered it before being around a bunch of dudes who would pick their main EVERY match and never allow items.

I play video games for fun, and although I can be super competitive in terms of trying to win, I grew up playing Smash with local friends and my parents-- people who aren't worth playing 10 hours with your main against a level 9 CPU to try to get get good enough to beat. I think items add luck, which although I'm sure annoying for very skilled people, makes things more even when you're playing with a group of friends after school on a Friday night. I enjoy playing hours with my character selected to random and pokeball drops on high. So I guess that makes me a filthy casual LOL

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It really depends on who I'm playing with. If I know the people just want to have fun, I just pull out random stuff that I would never play when I tryhard (Roy (Bowser Jr.)) and have fun with the game. But if I'm playing with people that I know will tryhard, especially my roommate when he plays Luigi, then I go full tryhard mode, and chaos ensues. None of the characters that I play are really top tier now (except for ZSS), but I'm the guy who sticks to what I know and not really pay attention to tier lists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast