Thread: Mystery Mafia 2.0

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494

Mystery Mafia 2.0

1. WHAT IS THIS?
    Back on the SS forums there was a game called mafia where participants lied, betrayed and killed each other in order to achieve victory. There are plenty of variations of the game, but the SS version featured a role list in the opening post (this one) so the game was treated like a sort of puzzle. However, at one point I hosted a mystery game that had the setup hidden. Although it was a disaster balance-wise, some people seemed to enjoy it. I'm hoping this will be a bit improved.

2. How do I join?
    Well, just post in this thread saying you'd like to join. When the game starts you'll be sent your role in a PM, but its contents are meant to be entirely private.

3. How does it work?
    There's a group called mafia, and each member knows the rest of the members. Those are the "bad guys" and they're capable of killing during the night. There's another group called town, which is a bit larger but its members don't know each other's identities. These are the "good guys". The game is split into day and night phases. During the day the players get to vote out one of their own, which is then removed from the game. During the night a number of actions can be taken depending on the player's role, although some roles can take no actions. It is also during the night that the mafia can kill. Voting can be done like this: Lynch Nayru or the alternative [Vote]Nayru[/vote]

4. Are there any rules?
    Revealing information from your role PM is called claiming. Please don't copy-paste your role PM or share it with people, or take a picture of it. However, rewording information contained in your PM is fine and dandy. If there are any pictures in your role PM you are free to describe them, but don't show them.
    Please do not share information about the game outside of this thread, or if you have been removed from the game/were never a participant.
    This is a game, don't get too heated up about it. Insulting other players is a waste of time.
    Please try to be a bit active. One post in the thread per day phase is considered a minimum, although it does nothing to keep you safe from other players. If you fail to post during the day I'll have to consider removing you from the game.
    If someone posts tags (example: [daykill]Nayru[/daykill]) during the day everyone is expected to cease discussion until the tags have been resolved. DO NOT POST TAGS UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN PERMITTED TO BY THE HOST OF THE GAME. Violating this may result in a "godkill" (AKA "modkill")
    5. Is this any different from the previous mystery game?
    Yes, it is. I'll try to keep the roles more simple than last time, and they won't be quite as unbalanced as last time (a doctor and two bulletproofs on the side of the town, *******). Most, if not all of the roles will be found on the epicmafia Learn page, in the All section (it's not as big as it sounds). I'll also be featuring characters as part of the game, although this will be for fun more than anything else. (for example, your role could be Cop but your character Pikachu). Usually characters are part of some sort of theme. However, I have elected to ignore that and these will be from all sorts of places.

6. Will there only be epicmafia roles?
    At the time I'm writing this, I know that if I'll be including a godfather, I'll be making him night-bulletproof as well as cop immune. I may also include some merged roles (watcher-tracker) and modifiers (one-shot, odd-night) or some entirely original roles.

7. When is it starting?
    I'll leave sign-ups open for a week, but there will be a chance to sign up as a back-up even after the game starts. If a player has to leave the game due to inactivity or personal reasons, they may be replaced by a back-up. I'll be limiting player number to 20 because any more would be excessive, but I don't think the limit is gonna be a problem.

I think this should be all that's needed.

Player list:
    1. Starry
    2. sonriopoby123
    3. X!!
    4. Davismt
    5. Prospering
    6. Rocket
    7. Zachgoose
    8. SuperSceptile
    9. Aguará Guazú
    10. Tuxy
    Last edited by Blade Lord Nayru; 08-13-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ooh, I would like to be in!

no free postcount tho. sad D:

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    I thought mafia was SoonTM

Either way ill join in
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I mean we also did some PFG Mafia before real Mafia was introduced, and it's a good way for people who want to play when it comes out but haven't played before to get started, so why not.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    gurl you know im in.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-8946-2232
    gotta get good at mafia, in
    Last edited by Davismt; 08-07-2015 at 01:08 AM.

DonatorRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    N1 me. In /10char

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0688-5832-4685
    I am in. Mafia's back, boys.
    Ross the Boss, AKA THE DANGER RANGER

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran