Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Video Game Character?

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

Favourite Video Game Character?

This is kind of a cliché topic, but I think it's one that can lead to lots of discussion. So I ask, who is/are your favourite video game character/s? Be it though personality, gameplay, theirs action, their interactions with other characters or for generally just being a good character, which characters have stuck with you the most? My personal favourite would probably be either Akuma, from Street Fighter, or Kung Jin, from Mortal Kombat (wow lots of fighting games xD).

Akuma:
    ~I really enjoy his fighting style, exchanging low defense for high attack power
    ~He's generally a really cool and badass character.
    ~Also, he birthed Oni...kinda.
    ~I really like his theme, as I feel it suits his character very well and it's just great to listen to.
    ~I like his man-bun

Kung Jin:
    ~His fighting style seems like one that would suit me very well and would be incredibly fun to play.
    ~I really like both of his Fatalities, especially Pinned Down.
    ~One of his variations, Bojutsu, is one of the best variations in the entire game, and far outclasses his other two, Ancestral and Shaolin.
    ~He's the first openly gay Kombatant, which is a huge step for the series and gaming as a whole. It may not seem like a lot, but it means a lot to LGBT gamers, or 'gaymers'.
    ~He's got slick af hair and a badass weapon.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    I'm not sure if I can figure out my favorite character, so I'll just list a few

Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda): An amazing villain. He's so creepy but there's just that bit of charm that perfects the image. Plus, he's kind of efficient and cruel, plus points for a villain.
    Alternis Dim (Bravely Default): I like his personality. Also that armor is magnificent.
    Ephraim (Fire Emblem): HE'S TOO AMAZING JUST LOOK AT HIM CRIT AND HIS WEAPONS ARE SO GOOD *passes out with froth on the mouth*
    Soraka (League of Legends): No one expects the banana
    N (Pokemon): Way too cute, an antagonist that cares, need I say more?
    Grovyle (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon): You all know why. Grovyle is one of the best written characters of the Pokemon series since it started, even though he's only in a spin-off.
    Roxas (Kingdom Hearts): I haven't played too much of Kingdom Hearts, but from what I've played I know that Roxas is one hell of a great character. I like him more than Sora, actually.
    Blaze the Cat (Sonic): I like fire and I like cats.
    Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper): His suave and calm attitude, with the occasional witty remark, is amazing.
    Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank): Not too good in most of the games, but in the third one he has a lot of amazing optional lines that crack me up. There's also comments made by other characters that make it even better.

Apparently I was lying when I said "a few"

Editing a few in
    Kay Faraday (Ace Attorney Investigations): The Great Thief, she's so upbeat, funny, but has such a sad past. Like all Ace Attorney characters, kind of.
    Last edited by Blade Lord Nayru; 08-06-2015 at 10:32 PM.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Spoiler!

she's hot and has a whip. what else do you want?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Finally someone here knows the truth!

Non-spoiler wise:
    Aigis, Marie, Rise, Naoto, Yosuke, Teddie..... Uhh, maybe count both casts from 3 and 4? Oh, and Maya and Ginko from Persona 2 as well XP

Sceptile from PMD is one of my main reasons of replaying that games...

The Fey Family from Ace Attorney.

Although, my favorite of all time is probably the murder of Persona 4. Won't say the name, but they're just so well written, the plot twist is great, and it made a character that I already liked so much better.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0688-5832-4685
    I know it's a bit biased and expected, but Grovyle from Time/Darkness/Sky is my favorite. His role is just one of my favorites, with him sacrificing himself for the greater good. Outside of that, N from Unova because of character, Vivian from PM:TTYD for her redemption, and Klonoa from his series for looks.
    Ross the Boss, AKA THE DANGER RANGER

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let's see, gonna make a random list here:

Waluigi- He's my spirit animal
    Chie Satonaka- Best girl, confirmed by Atlus
    Lucina- Only reason to get FE13
    Rosalina- Best Mario character that isn't Waluigi
    YA BOI KNUCKLES- Knock, knock
    GLaDOS- Best villain ever
    Godot- Eyy
    RICHARD Gumshoe- Eyy x2
    Sylvanas Windrunner- Not that into WoW, but she's cool
    Riki- Screw Shulk, Riki is the best character :^)

Banned Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lord Ghirahim from Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. He is a really good villain design wise and personality wise. The whole concept of him always intrigued me and I honestly think that he is a better version of Zant. He is also my inspiration

Pretty Good DonatorModeratorBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2879-0451-7117
    The Metal Gear series has a whole bunch of characters I love, but I can never decide who I love more, Solid Snake or Big Boss.

With Solid Snake we're mesmerised by a manly man who's been trained all his life to become the perfect soldier. His backstory is rather tragic. He was one of three clones of Big Boss to survive his birth but had the least efficient genes to truly surpass Big Boss. However, he was never informed of this and Liquid Snake belittled himself believing he had the poor genes while in reality it was Solid Snake all along. He was raised as a child soldier and forced to take tons of dangerous missions in his life with barely any time to himself. This is made worse by his rapid aging due to being born a clone as seen in MGS4. Throughout the series his lack of emotions in many situations is a result of his hardened state of mind from all he's been through. Despite this, he never fails a task assigned to him and never drops out, whether it be from taking down genetically enhanced supersoldiers, destorying a tank with nothing but on-hand weapons, breaking through with the heating temperature of a microwave, all just to do what he thinks is the right thing. It's the tragedy of someone who spent their life as a soldier rather than a man.

Big Boss is a much different story in comparison. His story is of the struggles of a man needing to be a soldier. Early in the MGS timeline in Operation Snake Eater he was considerably much more naïve and stubborn, who felt lost without the guidance of his mentor, The Boss. His story takes a dark turn after being forced to kill the person he cared about the most in order to prevent a national crisis during the Cold War. Big Boss is shrouded by negative emotions, such as his girl problems with EVA, even visibly shedding a tear at the ending of MGS3. He becomes the worlds greatest soldier with his knowledge of CQC and weaponry, and gaining his own private base to become the home of soldiers fighting against the dangerous nuclear threats developing throughout the Cold War from scientists and the United Nations. His rise to power destroys his humanity as he transitions into the series antagonist later in the timeline. I can't wait to see what exactly is in store for him throughout The Phantom Pain.

There you have it. Me writing why I can't decide who my favourite video game character is because feels.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merga View Post
    Waluigi- He's my spirit animal
    yes

Chie Satonaka- Best girl, confirmed by Atlus
    disgusting

Riki- Screw Shulk, Riki is the best character :^)
    yes

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    N (Pokémon Black, White, Black 2, White 2): Best Pokémon villain, ever. How do I know that? He's one of the few characters I actually felt kind of bad about kicking his butt. There's a reason I'm using him in a certain fan game.

Chell (Portal, Portal 2): You know you've done good if you neither know nor care what the character's gender is if you don't actively try and find out.

Paarthurnax (Skyrim): Completely demolishes the wall between Good Guy™ and Bad Guy,™ think Snape from Harry Potter. Also, voiced by Charles Martinet.

Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World): see above. Also, THIS is how you do humor in video games. I really need to finish that game.

Rosalina (various Super Mario games): one of the few characters in the franchise who isn't, in the words of Ben Croshaw, "an annoying ****." The same could be said for Yoshi, but outside of the sports games and a few spin offs Yoshi's relegated to "mutant horse" duty so we won't count him/her/it/they here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast