Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to be the next president of the USA?

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Who do you want to be the next president of the USA?

We should be mature enough to talk about this. We aged a lot since this place first opened many years ago. Or at least I hope so.

Anyway 2016, like any other election, is very important since what the next president does has the potential to impact areas all over the world. For example that person will have a big impact on the future of the Middle East.

There are two main elections in a presidential election. A primary election and then a general election. The former being a lot more complicated. Basically a primary election is when political parties elect their best candidate to put on the ballot in the general election. A general election uses the electoral college system to choose the winner.

Unfortunately, there are only two parties that have a actual chance at winning the election. The Democratic Party and the Republican Party, also known as the GOP, or Grand Old Party. A third party candidate, as appealing as they may be, has zero chance of winning the presidency due to the voting system we have in this nation.

Here is a list of every candidate who is running for the oval office.
    The top leading candidates according to national polls are at the top section, the rest are in no particular order.

Candidates seeking the Democratic nomination.

Spoiler!

Candidates seeking the Republican nomination.

Spoiler!

and finally,
    Jill Stein of the Green party is the only announced candidate who is running in a third party.

I will post my own opinion in a later post since this post is already so long.
    Last edited by Blue; 08-07-2015 at 12:25 AM.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    From a Western European perspective, Bernie Sanders seems like by far the best candidate. I know his views seem a bit extreme for American standards, but pretty much every other developed country has a major party with a platform like his, and most of them are doing pretty well.
    Hillary seems like an okay candidate; I don't know much about her, but I've heard both heavy praise and criticism.

Just please, please, America, do not elect a Republican president. The GOP's position on climate politics is the single biggest threat to the human race in this world. Not to mention their endless warmongering and incredibly outdated positions on pretty much every social issue there is. Especially thinking about gun laws and abortion rights right now. They say banning guns wouldn't be of use because people will still find ways to get them, but at the same time are trying to make abortions as hard to get legally as possible. If anyone understands the logic behind that, please explain to me.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i'm not even gonna bother they all suck and i wouldn't vote for any of them
    tux bernie sander's view is do whatever the hell you want and you'll be okay maybe our country might prosper

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricktoad View Post
    tux bernie sander's view is do whatever the hell you want and you'll be okay maybe our country might prosper
    liberty and quality of life for the population is more important than economic growth and prospering

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxy View Post
    his views seem a bit extreme for American standards
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...-mostly-right/

This is what's so baffling.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To me they all seem like a great choice and I wish whoever the next future president is the best of luck in their future endeavours. GO OBAMA!!!

#Canadian

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxy View Post
    but at the same time are trying to make abortions as hard to get legally as possible. If anyone understands the logic behind that, please explain to me.
    It's using a sanctity of life argument.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm not exactly too fond of any candidate this year. I voted third party last time around, probably will this year. I know the Democrats will nominate Hillary but for all the wrong reasons. There are some great tweets out there saying that if you vote against Hillary you're sexist. The GOP is imploding on itself so I don't expect them to do too well.

In closing, glad I'm moving to Toronto.

"Because I fell in love with the girl at the rock show
    She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know
    She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window
    Everything's better when she's around"
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bernie Sanders without doubt. His policies work. Are popular with the majority of Americans. And best of all. He's an outsider. The elites will panic if he defeats corporatist Hilary. The problem with him is. in a way, he too principled. This may be something that costs him the election. He rejects money from billionaires that support him. This means he can raise significantly less money then Clinton, but if we can support him, I believe he'll do amazing.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Anyone but Hillary. Please keep her out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast