Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The End?

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

The End?

This could make for some interesting discussion. With the recent release of XY and ORAS, which both got incredibly high ratings and sales, it proves that Pokemon isn't dead and isn't going to die anytime soon. But, when do you think Pokemon will end? How many more years/generations do you think it's going to go on for before it becomes too much?

Personally, I think it'll be when they reach Generation 10. I feel like this because it seems as though Game Freak are beginning to run out of ideas, with the release of the Key Pokemon, but they still have some interesting designs and concepts bottled up in their brains. However, I feel like by Gen 10 they will have officially run out of ideas, because I feel like they have covered a lot more design options than they actually haven't, so they aren't as many ideas. Also, Generation 10 is a nice even number to end off on, and it's be just before they hit major double figures.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    they didnt get incredibly good reviews x and y were the worst games in the series

the series is never going to end because its a gold mine. generations later there will probably still be kids playing these games and trading cards and itll never end. pokemons always been popular and itd be a stupid idea to "end" it. hell they could probably make endless remakes if they wanted to
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1521-4249-4367
    I think they would stop at about gen 9 personally. While yes I can see the creativity going out the window a bit. In Klefki's defense (and any other object pokemon at that) I don't see it as a lack of creativity. Heck, Klefki could rekt most challengers. What I do see as a lack of creativity and originality is Fennekin. I mean we pretty much have enough fox/cats/dogs to last us a life time in Pokemon. But you didn't see anyone complain about their designs as a lack of creativity. I mean, you trying coming up with a design idea + ideas for possible evolutions in the matter of a YEAR. Being an artist I appreciate their work, but maybe put in a little more effort guys. Hopefully we can see the day of Eeveelotuions of all types. < 3

Back on topic, I think they would run out of gimmicks to use by then. I mean, Gen 6 was basically jangling keys (No pun intended) in front of our faces to get use to love it more. but other than Pokemon Amie those things were kind of 'meh'. I mean if you really enjoyed riding a Gogaot in Lumiose when you're bike is FAR faster you should really get something sorted out. Maybe we could bring customization of the characters back and even maybe bring back beginning able to WALK WITH YOUR POKEMON

But heck. Pokemon is a cash cow. I don't think it would be a very good idea for Gamefreak to stop making their most popular series. Hell, I bet they know that all you have to do is slap a Pikachu or the current gen Starters or Eevee on an item and fans of all ages will buy it and treat it like it's all that and a bag of chips.
    Last edited by Leafeon; 10-24-2015 at 08:25 PM.
    Spoiler!

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Quote Originally Posted by sonriopoby123 View Post
    they didnt get incredibly good reviews x and y were the worst games in the series

oh **** sorry my mistake

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    SINCE WHEN DID X AND Y GET A BETTER SCORE THAN ORAS
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1521-4249-4367
    Quote Originally Posted by GengyGengar View Post

oh **** sorry my mistake
    Spoiler!

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafeon View Post
    They judge the game as they like it. Opinions, they exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1521-4249-4367
    And my opinion is the the game sucks.

Thanks bae~ < 3
    Spoiler!

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafeon View Post
    And my opinion is the the game sucks.

Thanks bae~ < 3
    Sucks is a strong word. Stronger than I think you belive it is.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494

I kind of think gen 7 will be it. Or I kind of hope.Sonrio's right, they ain't gonna stop milking this cash cow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast