Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What got you into anime?

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

What got you into anime?

I know this isn't a very creative topic, but I'm not entirely bothered xD

Why did you start watching anime? Is it because your friend convinced you to? Or maybe you stumbled upon an anime one day and decided to watch it? Or maybe you played an anime-based game that made you want to watch the anime it came from?

What got me into anime was actually Eyanland. Before becoming really active on Eyanland, I knew anime but I'd never had any overwhelming desire to watch any. Heck, before coming here I didn't even know DBZ was an anime - I just thought it was a regular cartoon! But I saw everyone here loved it so much and they talked about it a lot, and I didn't want to be left out so I watched Attack on Titan. Now I'm super interested in watching lots of different types of anime~!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was into pokemon, and the pokemon and anime fandoms kind of intersect, so I watched an anime, and I haven't looked back
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    I became interested in anime shortly after temporarily leaving Eyanland about three years ago. Friends made me interested, and now I'm a bigger weeb than some of them. The first show I watched was an Ecchi harem series called "Heaven's Lost Property". Yeah, not too proud of that one.
    When I was younger, I wasn't ever really interested in the "mainstream" anime (Naruto, Pokémon, etc.) and they played no role when I started watching anime.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I watched a bunch of Dragonball, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! as a kid, and I heard the term tossed around a little bit. Since I liked those ones, I just looked up more, and started watching sorta basic stuff like Sailor Moon and whatever, and then boom.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    i distinctly remember watching stuff like inyuasha and bobobo-bobo-bobobo on toonami way back when and it sort of evolved into pokemon and then now

do i regret it? maybe the world wanted me to watch me anime. dont question me boi
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was talking with Mark, I'd seen a bunch of stuff about Madoka on his tumblr and decided to watch it.
    It was the first anime I'd ever watched and I marathon'd it. I've never been the same.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was simply looking for something fun.

At the time, I had grown very tired of the games I played and I needed a change. It's funny, because I used to be against the very idea of anime because of ecchi stuff (which I still severely dislike) and I was influenced by the people around me's view on it. However, this all changed when I started watching my first anime - Death Note. Everything changed. I craved more. I went full weeb and wanted to learn japanese, find more cool anime, and more anime watching friends. In the end, I met up with a bunch of weebs and it just went from there.

Tengen Toppa was my second anime, and is also one of my favourites to this day. Had I not seen that after Death Note... I might not have been as interested as I am today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Prior to me actually getting into anime, thanks to someone named Kyoushiro, I saw Ginga Nagerboshi Gin and Densetsu Weed. Which were fun, but it didn't drag me in.

What further made me see more anime was in someone named TrainerDor's Water Pokemon Legend series, where he had an opening I found insanely catchy. It was 11eyes's Arrival of Tears, so from there I saw 11eyes, but I still wasn't hooked in.

I listened to Bleach Opening 9 (Veloncia) a lot. And one day, I gave in being all like "Let's check out Bleach." I did, and I saw the first episode, and was disappointed, but yet something about it interested me, so I watched more and instantly fell in love with Bleach. Bleach was the anime that pulled me into anime 5 years ago, and its been a crazy ride. I owe it a lot, even though people speak so ill about it. It's special to me.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Couple friends spent the majority of senior year talking about One Piece, so about halfway through it I decided I wanted to know what they were talking about and started watching it, too. Best decision ever.

There was also a bit when I discovered Pokémon had a television show and started watching that, too, but we won't speak of that. People say it got bad around Advance Generation, idk, Episode 1 was pretty bad and it all went downhill from there . . .

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    You weebs kept talking about it and my friend was like, you should watch SAO, and I did. I enjoyed it, so I went to watch more of the popular ones. That's pretty much it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast