Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Challenge Thread

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

Pokemon Challenge Thread

Ok, so fun fact. I was actually planning on writing my own one of these, but I put Uzi's original version there in it's place. However, X!! beat me to it. So huge, massive thanks to X!! for writing this out for us I also added another challenge in, just in case you decide you want to do it.

This thread was inspired by the Pokémon Challenge thread that Uzi made in the previous forum.

Pokémon is a fun game, but some people like to spice things up by doing certain challenges to make the game harder, in some way. Here's a list of challenges you can do with the main series Pokémon games! If I forgot to add something, or if you have your own made up challenge run that you want to share, then feel free to make a post about it.

Note: For most, if not all of these runs, optional rules such as banning certain Pokémon, changing your battle style to "set", having a level limit of some sort, etc. to make the challenge easier or harder are allowed as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules of the challenge you're doing.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Aaron; 08-29-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Last edited by GengyGengar; 12-13-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Over there! *points at my house* Nice, inn't?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My favorite way to play Pokemon now is to just pick a team of Pokemon I've never used before. Considering I've already used a lot of the good Pokemon, I'm stuck with ones that I never cared for. After that, I go with these rules:

No Buffing allowed.
    Items in battle are limited to as many times as my opponent's and ONLY after they use one (I didn't see more than 2).
    Set battles (because shift is cheating)
    Take your losses like Ash does. You only lose like 3 Pokedollars anyway.
    If your Pokemon has an evolution branch or can change into multiple forms, choose the worst evolution/form.

I recommend this style of play if you want to be challenged, but still have an actual team with strategic moves.

I mentioned it to a few people, but the last run I did was Omega Ruby Blind (But I played Sapphire and Emerald, so I knew a lot of stuff) and my team was:

Magcargo (check this Pokemon's base stats)
    Mightyena
    Linoone
    Masquerain
    Minun (I gave this one Copycat for extra giggles. It was fun watching it beat Camerupts with Earth Power)
    Castform

Steven was literally the hardest battle, which was extremely cool and fun at the same time.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Dammit, I was working on a Pokémon Challenge thread last night with a bunch of stuff added and ****. Whatever, I'll PM you a bunch of stuff to add and I'll keep harassing you until you edit your post. ;D

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    >Haxlocke
    YEAH **** THAT ****.

(I'm posting this after the OP was edited, so my double posting isn't completely unreasonable btw)

Edit: If you're going to list down people currently doing a challenge, I'd recommend you put it in the post with the Hall of Fame, because there's a lot of space there compared to the OP.

Also, your explanation of the haxlocke rules is slightly wrong.
    Last edited by X!!; 08-11-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    excuse me where's the treybolt03 challenge
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badootel View Post
    excuse me where's the treybolt03 challenge
    excuse me i don't want you taking the first hall of fame spot for pokémon too.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Uh me and X are doing a nuzlocke. Not sure where a save swapped would go though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Uh me and X are doing a nuzlocke. Not sure where a save swapped would go though.
    Chain play/hot potato. Also, this is why I wouldn't recommend putting a "People taking on this challenge" category after each individual challenge, and just having an "Ongoing challenges" list for every challenge instead. Pokémon challenges have a tendency to be combined and mixed together, so you wouldn't really know where it should be listed down.

Also, this.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Know what? I'm going to prove once and for all Tepig is all you're gonna need to beat a main game. Time for me to step up to the plate and be a man. A 17-year-old, Pokemon-playing, thin-as-all-hell man.

B/W With Tepig only. God, I'm gonna hate myself before this is over....

This describes me so well it's saddening...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast