Thread: Ancient Origins Release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ancient Origins Release

The Ancient Origins pack for the Pokemon TCG officially released today in English. This new pack features Hoopa Unbound EX as well as many other EX Pokemon. Are you interested in the TCG and going to be buying this? What do you think of the pack? Did you get any good pulls?

Comment on the forums below!
    Last edited by Zachgoose; 08-12-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I dunno if anyone plays the TCG here besides me and VS, but TCG news is Pokemon News! I play the Pokemon Trading Game Online a lot, so I opened about 25 packs.

My EX Pulls:
    Spoiler!

I'm really happy with these! Was aiming for Tyranitar since I need a better dark type to replace Yveltal, but two FA Giratina is amazing.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0688-5832-4685
    I went to a prerelease and was allowed 8 packs. The rarer/better cards I pulled include Tyranitar EX, Mega Ampharos EX, Vileplume, and Vespequen.

Mega Tyranitar is an amazing card, in my opinion. For 4 energy you do 110 damage, with 60 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent's active Pokémon. Even with only a few damage counters on that thing, you could make ANY Pokemon faint, no question. More things being hyped are the Grass types and their new special stadium Giant Plant Forest, where you can evolve Grass types on your first turn, or as soon as you play them. Some good decks with that are Mega Sceptile with it's healing capabilities (no partner for that yet), Vileplume/Accelgor in expanded for being ridiculously OP, and Vespequen for being new Flareon. Giratina could also be useful if used correctly.
    Ross the Boss, AKA THE DANGER RANGER

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Yeah, I think Tyranitar is the best card out of the pack, for sure. That or Vileplume. Tyranitar+Bats is insane.