Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Books

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh my lord, I used to love reading! Don't do it as much now, but I still read some of my favourites. The Keys To The Kingdom by Garth Nix and Virals by Kathy Reiches are two of my absolute favourite series' to read, and I never get tired of them. Both masterpieces in their own right.
    Last edited by CaptainRed1000; 08-15-2015 at 05:44 AM.

This describes me so well it's saddening...

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I usually never read books unless it's for school, but I like the Harry Potter series from J.K. Rowling and when I was about 9 or 10 I remember I liked Eddie and the Jets by John Attanas. A book that I read in 8th grade called Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes wasn't too bad either.
    This is too true... R.I.P Oscar Taveras...

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Back in Years 7 and 8, I used to read all the darn time. I used to love reading, and I remember reading a book a night, and then taking it back to school and getting a new one to read. I would have to say my favourite series of books are The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, as they kept me hooked and I never wanted to put the book down while I was reading. Also, speaking of The Hunger Games, I hate it when books get turned into movies because most of the time, the movies suck. Case in point, the Percy Jackson series and the Harry Potter series. I know it isn't exactly on topic, but I thought I would bring it up. At least The Hunger Games got it mostly right.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Case in point, the Percy Jackson series and the Harry Potter series. I know it isn't exactly on topic, but I thought I would bring it up. At least The Hunger Games got it mostly right.
    wat? Harry Potter was amazing. Percy's problem was that it was made by the branch of Disney who's more concerned with cool movie posters than being good.

also brb making thread on this.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Order of the Phoenix is by far the worst book in the series. It crams plot harder than Spiderman 3 and has an unnecessary plot point that caused the book to be 300 pages longer for little to no value.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    not to mention that it padded out pretty much everything with several paragraphs of detail that it didn't really need

i mean, the Peeves business was funny but she really didn't need to dedicate as much space to it as she did

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by XpL View Post
    Order of the Phoenix is by far the worst book in the series. It crams plot harder than Spiderman 3 and has an unnecessary plot point that caused the book to be 300 pages longer for little to no value.
    I understand your point, but please never compare ANY decent book to spiderman 3. I do agree with you though, I actually skipped that book because I got bored reading it, and I still understood what was going on in the last 2 books.
    Last edited by SuperSceptile; 08-17-2015 at 08:06 PM.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    OotP was that bad, it can be compared to Spiderman 3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123