Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously EA? Star Wars:Battlefront NOT to include Single player modes.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Seriously EA? Star Wars:Battlefront NOT to include Single player modes.

Now it isn't new for EA to be a ****** *** company but this probably takes the cake in EA's "Top Stupidest Decisions." (Even more than the pile of *** that the RollerCoaster Tycoon mobile game is).

For those who don't know, Star Wars Battlefront is a Third Person/First Person shooter set in the Star Wars universe but unlike most shooters the single player/ split screen modes were vastly superior to the online multiplayer. EA, clearly not knowing who their audience is for this game, has come out and stated that there will be no single player modes because "No one plays them in these games" (Clearly thinking Battlefield=Battlefront)

What you think about this? I'm beyond pissed but not surprised. The footage looked too much like Battfield: Star Wars.

"Because I fell in love with the girl at the rock show
    She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know
    She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window
    Everything's better when she's around"
    Spoiler!

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    "nobody plays those"

scusa, isn't the entire point of Star Wars, you know, the story? and singleplayer is where the majority of the story takes place? not online, where everyone's the hero and stuff?

I could see them releasing a dummied-down Battlefield game with multiplayer only at a reduced price - oh no wait, this is EA, then it'd be a forty dollar DLC for a sixty dollar game that's only singleplayer - but this is STAR bloody WARS. COME ON.

Also the Titanfall debacle was pretty funny. Way to take the air out of a new IP that actually looked sort of cool in the trailers, by forcing you online without giving you the chance to explore and see what the game world was all about. I was hoping they'd taken notes on Splatoon or something, but I guess not.

Another reason I won't ever be buying an EA game again.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I mean this is why I hate current gen in general. All of them think as long as you have good multiplayer nothing else matters. That's one thing I'll give C.O.D. credit for, they actually make single player. Im still probably getting this game because I can't help myself because star wars.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    EA are a bunch of morons who really don't know what they're doing anyway, so it isn't really surprising that they'd pull a stunt like this. The fact that they've taken the story out of Star Wars is literally the equivalent of Nintendo making a main-series Mario game and taking out the platforming.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It kinda intrigues me on how they made their decision. They based it off data of current games and came to the conclusion that a small sample enjoyed single player campaign hence it's not worth it. This usually would be good reasoning but their sample represents people who played battlefield. Battlefield is notorious for having a very poor campaign hence that's why people don't like it. I assume they didn't have access to enough data from other companies to access the enjoyment people get from campaign modes in first person shooters.

From a resource management perspective this also makes sense since they can allocate more resources into developing a new and innovative multiplayer. But knowing EA, there will be little innovation and it's just going to be Battlefield: The Star Wars edition.

It makes me upset that Star Wars battlefront is turning into a skinned up version of Battlefield.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Early on I realized that this was gonna be Star Wars Battlefield, not Star Wars Battlefront. It wasn't gonna be like Battlefront 2, so I tossed out those expectations pretty early on. I played Battlefront 1 for a long time, and it didn't have an extremely in-depth single player mode, nor did it have space battles - aircraft flew on the battlefield like in this game. For me personally, this is just going back to Battlefront 1 in a lot of ways with improvement, or going to Battlefield in many other ways. I don't know if it's the best decision, but I'm not as peeved as everyone else seems to be. I played Battlefront, as well as Battlefront 2, for the skirmishes and whatnot, not really for the story. The story in Battlefront 2 was cool, but honestly when I was younger I never cleared it; I just played skirmish maps all the time. So looking at this new Battlefront game, I'd say it's basically what I play Battlefront for anyway, and it looks really nice.

Now, I still have my complaints. A lot of maps is great, but I would like some more planet diversity, which I'm sure will come as DLC, but eh.. Most of the other stuff I'm not too heated on though. But to be fair, my PC would never be able to run it, and I don't have next-gen consoles anyway, so if I play this game it'll either be a while from now or on a friend's system, so I have less right to complain anyway. xD

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    That's another thing. This game is a cash cow for dlc because the new movies will be coming out, and if they wanted to they could also add in prequel maps and characters for dlc as well. Say what you will about the prequels, but no maps based off them is a damn shame, because a lot of those areas would be great for maps. Mustufar, Naboo, Coruscant, etc. Plus it means I can't go ape**** with Darth maul

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @SuperSceptile Welcome to NEXT GEN GAMING!!

It's so saddening that gaming companies are exploiting DLC to make quick cash. And for the most part, people playing this game are going to buy the DLC in a heartbeat.

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainers14 View Post
    @SuperSceptile Welcome to NEXT GEN GAMING!!

It's so saddening that gaming companies are exploiting DLC to make quick cash. And for the most part, people playing this game are going to buy the DLC in a heartbeat.
    Yeah. This game is literally the definition of current gen gaming.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Hopefully people will start to notice that we can't get enough things like Triforce Mario Kart and Dawnguard and stuff and the AAA industry'll start walking in that direction instead of the Great Paywalls of Gaming, the disc-locked content, the Pay2Win and other forms of legal pickpocketing that can literally destroy the AAA industry.

Also GameFreak if you reverse your stance on DLC Pokémon I am walking to Japan and beating over the head with my wallet's corpse :^(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast