Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of music do you listen to?

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What kind of music do you listen to?

READ THE FREAKIN TITLE LOL

I personally like heavy/power/folk metal, hard rock, and a little bit of alternative. I especially enjoy listening to Finnish bands.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    I'd say "video game music," but that kind of describes usage more than any specific genre.

Honestly, I don't really care what I listen to. Classic rock is usually good, though there are some weird ones. Classical's okay, whatever the hell they play on most radio stations is usually okay, sometimes I'll run into a rap or hip hop that has a shred of wit in the lyrics that are sort of okay, EDM is sometimes okay when it's not liquidizing my eardrums, ad infinitum.

Anything with an electric guitar is good, end of story.

Seems like most of the stuff on OCRemix is some variety of electronic or another, though I tend to like the ones where you can hear actual instruments better.

Most video game OSTs don't really seem to conform to a single genre. SMG/2 and Elder Scrolls are obviously orchestrated, while Mario Kart and not-chiptune Pokémon seem to get all lumped together in "electronic" a lot, even though they all sound really different.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listen to at least one song on pretty much every standard music genre. I mainly listen to edm, piano covers of songs, hip hop/rap, and I guess heavy metal as well. I also listen to video game soundtracks as well like Kingdom Hearts and Mafia II and of course Pokemon.
    This is too true... R.I.P Oscar Taveras...

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    I mainly listen to Punk and Pop Punk nowadays, sometimes Pop and Anime soundtracks. I used to also enjoy Metal, but I rarely find myself listening to it now.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Aside from my anime amd game OSTs I find myself listening to R&B, or anything in that mix of genres. Pop is good too.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Other than OSTs, I listen to some current music (any that doesn't make me want to cut my ears off), as well as some rock and pop-punk artists like 5SOS and State Champs. State Champs are my favourite band and, if you never have, you should check them out~

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    Just... not country.

The majority of the music I have actually in my music library would fall under some variation of rock/alternative, but I'm pretty open to most music when it comes down to it.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Most of what I listen to are generally classified as "soundtrack", so along the lines of video game soundtracks, movie soundtracks, so on and so forth. I'm not a fan of most popular music nowadays, and music with words tend to distract me from my work, so vocal-less music tends to work best. I also listen to a lot of classical music when I study.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If it's 'trap influenced', I'll listen to it.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1805-2744-6587
    I listen to power/nu and heavy metal, metalcore, hard/alternative/rap/electronic/folk/punk/Christian/garage and indie rock, grunge and post grunge.

Dave x Lyra=OTP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast