Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the origin of your current username?

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    My first forum account, or online account in general, was on the Nintendo Nsider Forums around 2005-2006, and being the bright 12-13 year old I was at the time, I decided to come up with a clever username with a pun based on my favorite game at the time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I ended up coming up with one - "ManintheMoon" was my username.

Unfortunately for me, the Nintendo Nsider Forums has a "username" field and a "Screen name" field on the sign up page, and I didn't know what the difference was at the time. Being forced to come up with something else on the spot, I just used "Majorasfan" because I was a fan of Majora's Mask, and I figured it wouldn't be very important. Only after I signed up did I find that Majorasfan was what displayed, and the other name was my login information. I've since taken a liking to Majorasfan more than ManintheMoon anyway, and have used it for about 10 years now.

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So there are two parts for mine:

The very first name that I went by was "Megasome1". I was thinking of my first username for this catastrophic game called "Runescape" since all of the cool kids were playing it. So my 9 year old brain decided to mix the words "Mega" and "Awesome" into one big word, and came up with "Megasome". The 1 was just a random number because I thought numbers and math were cool (I was a dork). Eventually the "1" turned into "ONE" because I was missing out of great pun potential like a noob. Trust me, we were all 9 years old at one point.

Now here is how I thought of Merga. I was in a Skype call with @Loogy and @HeavenlyFlame . We were coming up with derpy names to call eachother, and someone (don't remember exactly) called me "Merga", and thought that was funny for some reason. I wanted to make my name shorter, so I just used "Merga" instead of "Mega".

For a bonus, I can go over my the name I use for League, "Pogi Penguin". Pogi in Tagalog (national language of the Philippines) means "cute boy" or "handsome boy", similar to using "kawaii" or something like that, idk. The original name was going to be "Pogi Panda" because I love pandas, but that name was taken by some scrub, so I just used Penguin instead. Those are cute too.

AdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merga View Post

For a bonus, I can go over my the name I use for League, "Pogi Penguin". Pogi in Tagalog (national language of the Philippines) means "cute boy" or "handsome boy", similar to using "kawaii" or something like that, idk. The original name was going to be "Pogi Panda" because I love pandas, but that name was taken by some scrub, so I just used Penguin instead. Those are cute too.
    hindi pogi penguin

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    i'll just go off on all of the usernames i can remember because why not. dear god, i've had a lot of usernames. Never understood people who just stuck with one for their entire life.

okay uh i have no idea why i am so long-winded at night.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dragonite; 08-18-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: i write too much

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    1. RainbowSasuke. I liked Sasuke and I'm gay af so rainbows.
    2. Legit Swag. I was a little ****.
    3. GengyGengar. Gengar is my favourite Pokemon, and I couldn't think of a cool word to put in front of Gengar for a username, so I just put Gengy.
    4. Mystic Gohan. Mystic Gohan is the coolest ************ in DBZ history and his theme (well, it's not actually Mystic Gohan's theme exclusively but whatever) is so amazing.
    5. Aaron. My irl name is Aaron. Lots of creativity there.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My current username? It's my actual first name haha. If you're wondering about my Zackezon username, I'll tell you that as well. When I was younger, I was a fan of the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. One episode, Zack was trying to impress a girl saying that he sold I believe vacuum cleaners in Japan and that people called him "Zack-san". I decided to jazz it up and ta da... "Zackezon"!!!
    This is too true... R.I.P Oscar Taveras...

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The first Youtuber I ever seriously started to follow was a guy called TeamUDF. He does Oblivion Skits. One of his characters is a crazy, catapult-obsessed man called Captain Blue. He is also a "Let's Play"er. In one of his LP's of oblivion, he is interrupted during a fight, so he says "That fight will have to continue another time. CAPTAIN RED!!!" I have no idea why, but that left an impression on me. As for the "1000" part, well, it was just a number I chose at random.

This describes me so well it's saddening...

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. Hakuiin: My older sister used the name Haku for my first pokemon game, and somehow that became hakuiin.
    2. Not Boy Marth: LUCINA WAS TAKEN.
    -Thank You, X, for this awesome Siggy
    http://i.imgur.com/OPqEo4d.png

No one can resist the charming Haku~
    [09-08, 04:15] LovelyOshawott: I forgot to mention something to you, Hakuiin.
    Oshawut X Lying confirmed

I am going to stay Single forever.

Boulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Spitfire, ya know the airplane from WWII?

jkjk

It's from an anime called Air Gear where Spitfire is the King of the Flame Road. Things don't really go that well for him and he's not even my favorite character I just liked his name the most. Here's his wikia page: http://airgear.wikia.com/wiki/Spitfire

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1332-8198-6921
    Brianna = Bri = Bree

I like lightning so Zaps.

the end.
    Had 1527 rep before rep system died.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast