Thread: Doujin Music

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doujin Music

So yeah, that's a thing. It's weeb music that neither belongs in the VGM thread, the anime OST thread, nor the general music sharing section. So it's here.

Okay but really, doujin music is basically remixed music from weeb games, mostly Touhou. You'll usually find doujin circles in Japan and sold at Comiket and/or Reitaisai. Obviously some exceptions to that, you have doujin circles like Babbe who are from Germany and you have Yuuhei Catharsis, the name for Yuuhei Satellite that creates Kantai Collection music.

So how 'bout you guys?

I listen to doujin music on a rather regular basis. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Yuuhei Catharsis, more notably the album named "Sousshisuru Kanashimi no Naka de". I'm really loving it, I think they remixed Spring Event 2015's main boss theme really well and I'm especially fond of the track they made from Fall Event 2014's Extra Operation boss theme (and I can't read moonrunes for the life of me, so it's going to be referred to as just that).

Also you're free to share any doujin music that you like, I'm not putting links in this OP right now since I'm typig this thread over my data.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm only familiar with Doujin circles that primarily do Touhou music, and even then, the more notable ones that I remember off the top of my head are IOSYS (mainly because of their animated MVs) and COOL&CREATE (because Night of Nights and the U.N.Owen remix). I only know a few Yuuhei Satellite tracks, and that's only because of the Memories of Phantasm videos, that prominently uses their songs.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|