Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Shenanigans Season Two Megathread

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Comic Shenanigans Season Two Megathread

Hello, Forum goers, new and old!

For those of you who weren't part of Superskarmory forums pre-merge, my name is Xerodragon12, and I draw comics. More particularly, I draw comics about the people who run the forums. I've currently done three different incarnations of a four-panel comic series chronicling the events and lives of the forums-Chatbox Shenanigans, College Shenanigans, and the original Comic Shenanigans. With the exception of the latter, these comics can be found in the "Comic Shenanigans" thread in the archives. The original Comic Shenanigans can be found here, in my comic gallery. (When Comic Shenanigans Season 2 finishes, it will also be added to the gallery.)

This new season will last for eight comics, and will be updated bi-monthly, like the previous season. However, due to the previous season's lackluster reception, I was very much reluctant to bring this back, even post-merger. Depending on the response to this season, I may or may not prepare a third season, so if you guys want to see more high jinks and shenanigans in the four-panel format, let me know by "liking" the comic posts, or by leaving a comment! Or, if you think I should stick to engineering, you can leave those comments, too.

This post will serve as the central hub to the comics, and will have a table of contents down below.

Xerodragon12

Last edited by Xerodragon12; 12-13-2015 at 11:22 PM.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

001: Lonely V2

DeviantArt Link

What better way to start of Season 2 than with a rehash of the first comic of Season 1? This time, though, there are some pretty major differences. For one, Comic!Anthony's irises are now visible like the other character's instead of the old beady black pupils that I drew him with back in season 1. (This one was actually a mistake on my end, and will continue throughout the season.) Eyan is now replaced with the amazing Garth, and Will is shown very briefly in panel 3! I decided to use this comic to flesh out the characters a bit more-C!Anthony is pretty devoted to engineering (No wonder he's a bachelor), C!Zach and C!Garth are devoted to working on the forums, C!Marissa is devoted to baking (and apparently setting the kitchen on fire), and C!Nick is devoted to his animu waifus. Remember, just as in last season, the portrayals of the staff members in Comic shenanigans are exaggerations of who we really are, and should not be taken as serious or realistic portrayals.

Comments and Criticism are always appreciated!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6748-2483
    I'm excited to see this back! Will Chatbox Shenanigans make a return as well?
    PMT / White Draft
    Thanks shaymin!
    Old SS Forum info:
    Spoiler!

Gaming info:
    Spoiler!

Last Updated: 4/7/16

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon73 View Post
    I'm excited to see this back! Will Chatbox Shenanigans make a return as well?
    Unfortunately, no. Comic Shenanigans was written and designed to be the Spiritual successor to Chatbox Shenanigans, since, unlike its predecessor, I don't have to wait for something to happen in the Chatbox in order to update. Thank you for your understanding!

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wardrobe of the year goes to...

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    S-SENPAI!! Be gentle!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merga View Post

Wardrobe of the year goes to...
    Funny thing is, I actually own both of those jackets irl

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    This one made me giggle ngl. I appreciate the additions of Garth/Will (and the inevitable subtraction of Eyams) so 10/10 nice start!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

002: Dance Off

DeviantArt Link

This comic was actually directly based on a Minecraft animation by the very talented Slamacow productions (this one, to be specific), where the protagonist and a witch get into a dance off through various genres of music. Here, I used DDR as a way to spark this little “dance rivalry”. Here are all the dance styles in panel two from top to bottom, left to right: DDR/J-pop idol, the Robot, breakdancing, Irish step-dancing, Dixieland styled ‘50s thing, and of course, Gangnam Style. Originally, I wanted to throw in Nick doing the moonwalk, but that came out so badly, I changed it to something else.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    I'd probably have the same reaction if I walked in on that

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast