Thread: Star Fox Zero: Delayed to Q1 2016

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Star Fox Zero: Delayed to Q1 2016

A Message from Mr. Miyamoto regarding Star Fox Zero:

I made a big decision last week.

We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes.

While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.

To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64.

All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.
    Looks like Nintendo's not going to have any big Holiday 2015 releases, but it will give them time to let existing titles shine, as well as adding (as stated) extra polish to new games. What are your thoughts on the delay?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."~Shigeru Miyamoto

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Twitter seems to be very keen on all the delays in the last day or so, so far the best response I've seen looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Floyd
    It's pretty safe to assume that ANY time a game's launch is pushed back, it's for a very good reason. Those decisions are not made lightly. For some games, delay is not even an option on the table.
    source

Was made in response to the Persona delay, but applies here too. Hopefully Super Mario Maker will be enough to keep me busy for a good long while, though and Bravely Default because I swear that game DOES NOT HAVE AN END

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I've been beaten to news. R.I.P. I'm kind of disappointed, but it's obviously for a good reason. The game looked fairly plain at E3, so I'm honestly not surprised. Now my wallet will be killed even more next year. Too many games coming out next year I swear. Also, *insert obligatory Wii U is dead comment.*

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It sucks, but I wasn't really paying as much attention to it anyways. But yeah, the tweet that Dragonite posted pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Besides, I've been hearing a lot of people say that it's unpolished/needs a lot of work, so here's hoping this could fix that!