Thread: PSA: Shovel Knight Update Live Now

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238

PSA: Shovel Knight Update Live Now

The update comes with the Plague of Shadows DLC, which let's you play as Plague Knight from the original game, and it adds a challenge mode to the game. The update is for ALL versions of the game, and the best part is that it's all free. I love Yacht Club Games so much.

Last edited by SuperSceptile; 09-18-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    sceptile go to school games will ruin your LIFE

SOMEONE BUY ME THIS ON 3DS!!!!!!!!
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been playing through the Plauge Night Update today, and I gotta say, the game somehow manages to be more complex, difficult, and easier than Shovel Knight at the same time, and that isn't a bad thing.

While playing as PK, your main weapon is these bomb things. You can buy casings, gunpowder, and different fuses for your bombs to costumizr them. Right now, I have a floating bomb that floats for a bit, stops, falls down, and sends out huge burst of fires in two directions. You can't use these all the time, as this customization has a one bomb at a time limit, and not every situation is great for them. There's just so much complexity in these bombs, and they make the game really fun!

Plauge Knight can also do this super jump thing. This is a little restricted at first, but as you start buying upgrades for it, you can take these big shortcuts with it. Unfortunately, the one I'm using makes the game a little easy, since it slowly floats you down, but I would suck at this game if I didn't use it so whatever.

There are some really stupid jumps and enemy placements, especially in the first few levels where you don't have the best super jump. It's usually made so that Shovel Knight would easily just be able to jump on them, but since PK can't do that, enemies will push you off a few small platforms quite often.

Here's a tip for that though: If you want to get the most air, charge up a superjump, while you're charging do a double jump, release the superjump to use it, and then throw a bomb or two. Throwing bombs does get you a decent amount of extra height for what it is, and can get you out of some tight corners.

I'll update this if I find anything new. I'm really enjoying this so far!
    Last edited by Starry; 09-19-2015 at 08:19 AM.