Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Punch Man

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238

One Punch Man

So apparently the manga is really good, but it's getting adapted into anime now. The first episode pre aired and I first watched it today. For anyone wondering, it's by Madhouse studios, and the animation is GORGEOUS! The first episode already was freaking insane and I can't wait until fall when it officially airs. I thought I was only going to watch Noragami Aragoto this fall, but this changed my mind. Also, the main character looks like Captain Underpants.

EDIT: The 1st episode has officially been released. It's so f****** good.
    Last edited by SuperSceptile; 10-04-2015 at 10:11 PM.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This series is so hilarious, some of the jokes even caught me off guard, I just didn't expect an anime to go that far with its humor
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzi9816 View Post
    This series is so hilarious, some of the jokes even caught me off guard, I just didn't expect an anime to go that far with its humor
    This is nothing. I decided to read the manga because I was hyped, but this series is just insane and I can't wait for some parts to be animated. Plus episode 2 tomorrow!

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Sorry for double posting, but it's been 2 weeks. Episode 3 just came out. This anime is GLORIOUS!
    https://d.maxfile.ro/flbjxdkxlv.webm
    LMFAO
    Last edited by SuperSceptile; 10-18-2015 at 09:22 PM.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Yeah, I finished the series just a few days ago. I'm definitely a fan. It looked gorgeous, it was hilarious, and it did everything right. I tend to become a bit of a hipster in regards to the super popular stuff, but this one I'm behind 100%.

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorasfan View Post
    Yeah, I finished the series just a few days ago. I'm definitely a fan. It looked gorgeous, it was hilarious, and it did everything right. I tend to become a bit of a hipster in regards to the super popular stuff, but this one I'm behind 100%.
    How about that last fight tho.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    How about that last fight tho.
    The intensity was certainly real. I love silly Saitama, but it was awesome to see him super serious mode.

Also the supporting cast really started to take shape, which is awesome.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    I watched One Punch Man right after it finished airing, because it's been hyped endlessly. Even has some of the best ratings of all time on some tracking sites. The series didn't quite hold up to that, but it was a very fun ride nonetheless. The plot itself wasn't that interesting and kinda repetitive at times, but the characters really made the show stand out. Saitama was one of the best protagonists I've seen in a while.

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorasfan View Post
    The intensity was certainly real. I love silly Saitama, but it was awesome to see him super serious mode.

Also the supporting cast really started to take shape, which is awesome.
    The funniest part or that is the fact that he wasn't serious. He just wanted to give Boros a good fight because he could sympathize with him. That's the one thing the anime didn't do that good a job of showing.

Best part of the series is the Mumen Rider speech and they made it even better in the anime.

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mumen Rider only shows that not all heroes wear capes, but all you need is a helmet, a bicycle, and a dream. He is just a man like you and me, he rides a bike one pedal at a time. He inspires kids by teaching them proper bicycle safety, and fights through every battle with a helmet on, preventing fatal head damage. Mumen Rider is willing to give someone a ride, no matter how long the trip is, he never gives up and keeps on peddling, leaving him enough strength to use his breaks and lift his arms to make proper turn signals. We should all inspire to be like Mumen Rider, an everyday hero who goes to work, knowing that he is not the best out there, but makes the most of it with a bicycle.

God bless Mumen Rider!
    Last edited by Merga; 01-13-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast