Thread: Owarimonogatari

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Owarimonogatari

Ougi best girl

So, SHAFT has once again started up ANOTHER Monogatari season, this time covering the arcs Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle, and Ougi Dark(?)

And as always it looks freaking beautiful

Impressions?
    MP3 - Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow [IA]

Spoiler!

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Bump cause I just noticed this thread since I never check the anime section! :P

I love the Monogatari series, but I think they're being milked too much. Will definitely check this out once I catch up, though!

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I agree with Zach in regards to hana and Tsuki, as I wasn't a huge fan of those stories, but I really enjoyed this season, especially the first half. The second half was OK, but Ougi is really awesome. I also loved the mystery elements, really brought a new take to she show, and the introduction of a fresh face or two really peaked my interest.

Senjougahara is still my favorite girl, but Ougi might be my favorite character at this point, in the running with Araragi himself.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a question for you, Majorasfan and Zach. Is the Gatari series worth getting into? Ozzi, a friend of mine and a member of the forum showed me the first episode of Bakemonogatari, and it was a little different from my tastes, but held an interesting premise. Is the series as a whole worth it?

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    @ShadowMr.L I personally really like most of it. But it's a very, very quirky show. If the first episode or two don't suit your tastes, then it might not be your thing - it's a very wordy show, with fast-paced jokes one moment and a serious inner monologue the next. It's definitely one of those "Love it or hate it" kind of series in my opinion, but if you liked the premise I would watch until the end of the first arc (episode 2) or the end of the second arc (episode 5) to get a more accurate gauge on your feelings.

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    before there are hundreds of "in what order should I watch this" questions, like every time someone discusses Monogatari. this is the order of the original light novels, along with how they've been adapted into anime:
    Spoiler!

I've personally only seen the first few episodes of Bakemonogatari. It's an interesting story, but the way it's told doesn't really do it for me. I'll probably give it another go some time in the future, but not very soon.