Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got bored

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got bored

I eat orphans (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Hammer Arm

One of the best mega evolutions in the game, Meta is able to take a dump on many offensive teams and can usually kill at least 2 mons per match. Bullet Punch can beat Weavile and other ridiculously fast stuff. Hammer Arm takes care of Heatran, Ferrothorn and other bulky steels.

bleah (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

Latios and Latias really fear this guy. With Scarf and STAB Pursuit this thing is able to checkmate a lot of stuff that would cream this team otherwise. It's also the team's main answer to Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y. Superpower beats Terrakion, deals 80% with rocks against Keldeo (in 2 hits) and OHKOes Heatran.

i want ice beam (Keldeo) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Scald
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

With Latios out of the way thanks to Tyranitar, Keldeo is able to break through bulky offense cores and burn stuff. It has the tools to do so, with Scald and Secret Sword being relatively hard to switch into and HP Ice annihilating Garchomp and Landorus-T.

Brock Lesnar (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Fire Blast

Speaking of Chomp, I know this set is cancer nowadays since everyone and their mother is using it, and for good reason. Offensive teams like mine would be very weak to Mega Lopunny if it weren't for this guy, since Gengar's Ghost-type is useless due to Scrappy and the Rocky Helmet can mean Lopunny takes around 60% damage just by hitting it twice. It also sets up rocks, prevents stuff from setting up and Fire Blast 2HKOes Skarmory and Scizor.

Spook (Gengar) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Wave
    - Focus Blast

The wallbreaker of the team, Gengar is extremely hard to switch into and is able to 2HKO even a few Assault Vest users. It's a great weapon against balanced and stall for this reason, breaking a number of defensive cores with Taunt and its high-powered STAB moves. Focus Blast OHKOes Tyranitar, Bisharp and Weavile, who would otherwise Pursuit trap it.

HereComesThePain (Latios) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunderbolt
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

A rather strange Latios set, eh? Most Latios tend to use a cookie-cutter set of Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Defog/filler, which while is definitely Latios's best set, this team doesn't really require as it is rather resistant to entry hazards (Gengar and Latios have Levitate, Meta resists SR and is immune to Toxic Spikes. Chomp also resists SR) and instead goes for a late-game cleaning set. I could use Psyshock but I don't really need it, seeing as Azumarill and Manaphy are more important to OHKO than stuff like Blissey, which Tyranitar and Keldeo can take out. Instead, Thunderbolt and Dragon Pulse are being used, because I really hate Draco Meteor's -2 SpA effect (which also lets other Pokemon trap it or set up...). Thunderbolt easily OHKOes both Azu and Manaphy at +1, while HP Fire takes out steel-types that try to cut its sweep short.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    This team is literally the OU tier at the moment.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    4/10 Tyranitar's nickname falls a bit short.

Actually I used a Scarf Tyranitar a while ago. It was fun. People never saw it coming some reason.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSpooktile View Post
    This team is literally the OU tier at the moment.
    there isn't enough talonflame, washtom or lando-t for it to be the ou tier in a single team

In all seriousness, this team looks great. I assume this is hyper-offense? Because if so, it's a great one! You have a wide range of strong attackers, as well as some of OU's top threats right now, so I can imagine people will have a hard time trying to fight this team.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by GengyGengar View Post
    there isn't enough talonflame, washtom or lando-t for it to be the ou tier in a single team

In all seriousness, this team looks great. I assume this is hyper-offense? Because if so, it's a great one! You have a wide range of strong attackers, as well as some of OU's top threats right now, so I can imagine people will have a hard time trying to fight this team.
    Yeah it just needs wash and lando. Talon hasn't been as common recently, at least in my experience. It's also missing ferro

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GengyGengar View Post

No +1 for using Gengar?

Yeah I'm 34-15 currently. It's certainly not amazing but I think one can even peak the ladder with it.
    @dragonite: Can't think of nicknames for TTar right now...

also Rotom-W is probably at its worst since its release in gen 4

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    No +1 for using Gengar?
    Oh, DEFINITELY +1 for using Gengar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's really annoying nowadays is the ridiculous amount of Slowbro I've seen on the ladder...

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just curious: Why combine 252 speed ev's with hammer arm on metagross?

Ahh.... THe wonderful game of pokemari. PLay with Yoshimoto today!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dud190 View Post
    Just curious: Why combine 252 speed ev's with hammer arm on metagross?
    Meta needs all the speed it can get... (to **** on Keldeo mainly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast