Thread: I got bored... again

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got bored... again

don't clefable (Salamence) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Mence is the Pokemon I built the team around. It's your standard DPPt MixMence with excellent coverage, though fairies are jerks to it since it lacks Iron Tail. Mence is very hard to switch into in general, due to its all-around great attacking stats, access to boosting moves and great coverage moves. Intimidate is also a good ability since it allows Salamence to switch into physical attackers more easily.

don't heatran (Scizor) @ Scizorite
    Ability: Light Metal
    EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Roost

Mega Scizor defeats Fairy-types pretty easily with its tremendous mixed bulk, good attack stat and Bullet Punch. This thing is also good for scouting, removing hazards and checking Lati@s, Starmie, Tyranitar, etc. I feel like Scizor is a bit overpressured though on this team, since it does so many things and it doesn't really hit that hard...

don't latios (Keldeo) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Scald
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Icy Wind

Keldeo checks Bisharp, Heatran and other jerks really easily, screws over Weavile and baits in Latios and Latias for a switch to Mega Scizor. It can also fish for Scald burns, as well as threaten balanced teams in general.

don't talonflame (Serperior) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Glare

Serperior has a rather interesting moveset since this team is rather weak to Electric-types, as they tend to carry HP Ice. Mega Manectric unfortunately is hard to battle against since it also has Flamethrower, and can take a +0 Leaf Storm. HP Rock removes Mega Charizard Y, Mandibuzz and bulky flying-types, while Glare punishes predicted switch-ins and allows Salamence or Sylveon to wallbreak more easily.

don't weavile (Landorus-Therian) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Gravity

A weird moveset eh?

Gravity + Lum Berry lets Landorus-T destroy the **** out of Rotom-W and also spam Earthquake with impunity. It's also a great user of Stealth Rock, what with Intimidate, 145 physical attack and almost perfect coverage in two moves.

don't ferrothorn (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock
    - Baton Pass

Specs Sylveon is another decent wallbreaker, with Specs bringing its power to excellent levels, 2HKOing Scizor and Skarmory. Shadow Ball is mainly filler, but it beats Gengar. Psyshock 2HKOes Mega Venusaur. Finally, Baton Pass is probably Sylveon's most important move, as it lets it predict steel switch-ins and go to Salamence or Keldeo.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    This team really doesn't want to switch into Azu. Only options are mence and and lando, but both get 2 hit KO'd by it. I don't want to sound the same as in your other team, but with as prominent as Azu is a switch in is important. I'd say the obvious ferrthorn but I have no idea what you'd switch out with it. This is just a small thing I noticed. Also this team gets DESTROYED by mega manectric if it runs hp ice and overheat/flamethrower.

This may all be for nothing because you didn't say that this was a rmt.