Thread: I am thankful for...

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707

Red face I am thankful for...

Hi friends! It's super cheesy thread time with me, Marissa! [audience applause]

As many of you are probably aware, American Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching. Now, I'm not so big on the whole murdering indigenous peoples thing, but I'm 100% in support of trying to appreciate what you have. I know that sometimes it can be really, really hard to look at the good things in life; trust me, I'm a serial pessimist with a tendency to get a leeeeettle overemotional. However, with school in full swing (I know a lot of you are probably really busy right now) and the holiday season (and the stress that comes with it) coming soon™, I thought this might be a nice discussion to have.

So, what are you thankful for?

Much love to you all,
    Marissa

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Computer science. Really. That's like the one thing that keeps my brain from decaying especially after browsing this place.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I could ********, but I won't. I'll actually make a serious post.

I'm thankful for good friends, both online and offline, that like the things I like and introduce me to new things to enjoy. We have all sorts of fun, and they keep me from losing my mind and just doing schoolwork forever. I'm there for them when they need me, and they're there for me. I am most thankful for them. = )

Next, I'm thankful for the experiences I've had in my life. I haven't had the world handed to me on a silver platter, but I haven't had a horrible life either. I've learned through the hard times and enjoyed the good times. My good experiences are fond memories that keep me happy when I'm sad, and my bad experiences help me make it through any future tough situations, as well as help me learn to avoid any in the future.

Finally, I'm thankful for the things I have. I don't have $5 billion or anything, as some of the rich people I know seem to, but I am able to buy what I really want most. Sure, I can't just buy whatever I want willy-nilly, but the things I do have are fun. I have some awesome games, great movies and shows to watch, and some awesome knickknacks like my iPod and my cool controllers. They're fun and make me smile.

That's what I've got.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    1. My family and friends. - Without my friends and family, I don't know where I would be right now. They're my motivation to do well in life, because I know I will make them proud. Sure, they can **** me off sometimes, but I can't imagine my life without any of them.
    2. The Skype Group. - This could be considered a strange one. I remember the day that X added me to the Skype group, and it was awesome to interact with people I'd never said two words to before. People like Shadow, Aqua, Lastri and Tuxy. And I really came out of my shell because of it.
    3. Youtube. - For real, Youtube has gotten me through some ****. I remember times when I have been really, REALLY low. But I always found myself on Youtube, watching goofy videos from people like Tyler Oakley, Connor Franta, TheKingNappy, ShadyPenguinn and a whole host of other Youtubers. It's really pulled me back up from my slump, and I'm very happy for that.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I'm never good at these sorts of things. Every year at my family's Thanksgiving, we go around the table and say what we're thankful for. I always say something like, "I'M THANKFUL FOR THIS BIG *** APPLE PIE LEL". Really, I guess I'm just thankful for everything, and my existence is enough of an ode to that.

Also, I'm thankful for you guys of course. :P

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know this may not be a popular one for most people here but one thing I am particularly thankful for is my mother. I was like most of you guys in high school where I didn't get along that well with my parents towards grade 11/12 thinking they were too dictating with regards to school/work in general or in my personal space too much. However after moving away and living by myself I am really starting to appreciate the moral support my parents bring even though they are really not in my life anymore. It's nice to have some support system that I can fall back on if I am feeling down.

I am also VERY thankful for the goodness that the coffee bean brings to my life every single day. It just makes everything slightly more exciting. (:

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am thankful for:

My family
    My friends
    The fact I'm not crazy yet

There's probably more for what I'm thankful for - but I can't think of any. I'll add more later.