Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XI - Voltron Doesn't Like It [OPEN]

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    All of the slots have been filled, I'll sort out role PMs later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Sorry for taking so long, school kinda swamped me xD

Anyway, role PMs have been sent out, and Night 1 BEGINS!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Everything was silent. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. And there was only one person around. The soft sound of his footsteps cut through the air. The sound blasting in his ears was loud. Really loud. And who knew that he even enjoyed listening to Boku No Pico in public?! His name was Rocket.

"There. That one first." one voice whispered. There were two people hidden behind a tree. They silently and patiently stalked their prey, like hunters. As soon as the young boy was about to pass the tree that concealed them, they jumped. One of them grabbed his arms and held them behind his back. He let out a startled and helpless yelp.

"What are you doing?! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!" he pleaded. His voice reeked of desperation. The one stood in front of him only smiled as he grabbed a long, glistening blade out of his pants.

"You didn't have to." came his simple reply, as he plunged the knife into the young boy's stomach. He felt life slip away as he fell to the ground.

Rocket, the Villager, has been killed!

1. Prospering
    2. Starry
    3. X!!
    4. Sylveon
    5. Rocket - Villager (Dead Night 1)
    6. Zachgoose
    7. SuperSceptile
    8. Derose

Day 1 begins! You have 48 hours from now, meaning you have until 10pm - 11pm on Friday!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I would say our safest bet is to have Oracle out, then we all claim our roles to them.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    We should have both the Oracle and Bulletproof out as PRs, and not say what their actual roles are.

Oh, and I would like everyone to say whether they're a PR or not so that we'll know for sure if there's no cc's or anything.

I'm a PR.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    That's a dumb plan. They could easily say they're a PR and it'd basically be the same as a cc, except it'd be harder to tell who's lying. Plus, saying if you're a PR or not makes it easier for mafia to choose who to kill. On this plan alone I want to lynch X but I'm gonna hold off.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    That's a dumb plan. They could easily say they're a PR and it'd basically be the same as a cc, except it'd be harder to tell who's lying. Plus, saying if you're a PR or not makes it easier for mafia to choose who to kill. On this plan alone I want to lynch X but I'm gonna hold off.
    Just so you know, this is an actual strategy from the EM site. There's also a list of disadvantages from ccing in the site.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    So what? It just seems like a bad strategy to me. I realize that this is a strategy, but claiming to be a PR now is even easier than it would be to cc. Plus, as I said, it makes mafia's choice on who to kill a whole lot easier. But if we really want to go with this, fine. I'm not a PR.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Plus, as I said, it makes mafia's choice on who to kill a whole lot easier.
    Not necessarily, because they would want to kill the BP since killing the Oracle would risk revealing Mafia. So by revealing who both PRs are, Mafia would have a 50-50 chance of getting the wrong PR. If they want to play it safe and stalk one of the PRs for the night, then they'd have to kill a Villager, reducing the pool of people they can hide in. Of course, this is assuming that a PR hasn't been stalked on n1, but there's no way we'd know anyway.

I also think just having the Oracle out is worse because it gives room for a cc which would lead to the BP outing, and then we'd be in the same situation as we would be after doing the strategy, except we'd know which PR has which role.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Scept confirmed town! It's better for both PRs to out in this setup, because that way you get two clears. Let's just hope mafia doesn't them hahaha! Obligatory lynch Prospering since he lived past n1.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast