Thread: Bye bye, Project M

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938

Bye bye, Project M

So, if you haven't heard the news, the PMDT have officially ceased development on Project M after a succesful six years on the Smash scene. The developers have stated that this wasn't due to being served a C&D (Cease & Desist) from Nintendo, but because they have decided to work on a "new venture".

Does this game mean anything to you? Do you have any experience playing it, and what are your thoughts on it? Are you surprised that this has happened, and what do you think this "new venture" will be?

Personally, I don't actually have any experience playing this game, and it looks like I'm not going to considering the game isn't being distributed for download anymore, but I'm still pretty surprised. I knew this would happen at some points, but I thought it had at least a few more years left in it, what with it being so big in the Smash community in recent years. As for this "new venture", I can only assume it's Project M Wii U, considering people have already managed to character mod for Smash 4, which is much harder than tweaking a character.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I loved Project M, but it had been dying down in popularity once Smash 4 released. Mainly because EVO and APEX stopped streaming it due to Nintendo sponsoring them. I was excited to see what they'd do with Isaac, Lyn, Sami, and Knuckles, but oh well. Best of luck to the dev team in the near future.