Thread: Guide to easy IV breeding

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Post Guide to easy IV breeding

IV breeding is simple and easy if u follow the steps below:

U may want to have either Pokemon X or Pokemon Y in order for making some quick IV breeded pokemon. If u by any chance don´t have either of them then screw u and don´t ask what to do for ORAS since game mechanics changed between XY and ORAS. (The baby pokemon only have 1 IV in ORAS)

The pokemon i recommend already have 3 sometimes 4 perfect IVS from the start and those are: Azurill, Riolu, Budew, Mime .Jr, Mantyke, (Togebi), (Tyrogue) and Smoochum they must be catched as the ones i stated otherwise they only have 1.(Friend Safari Only)

(Friend Safari always has two perfect IVs )

U may want to have access to Kiloude City for having the IVs checked before evolving them into breedable parents and keep eye on what IVs u may have on your pokemon. Use icons to mark what IVs was on the pokemon left to right hp - atk - def - sp.atk - sp.def - speed

Start breeding your male and female 3-4 IV until u get good results of improved IVs be sure to have a Talonflame for its ability to speed up egg hatching. Switch for the better when u see that u got two parents with more IVs and look so that all IVs u may need is in the breeding process for getting one with 6 IV.

After u have gotten your 6 IV depending on if it was male or not keep breeding until u get a male for breeding other pokemon.

Look up egg-groups and try use the male pokemon u been breeding to IV up a pokemon with the same and another egg-group that u don´t have anything good IV breed for. For egg-moves just look stuff up.

If this have given u an idea on how to IV breed then start with catching those baby pokemon to get yourself some good competitive pokemon.

(Don´t forget to equip a destiny knot for IVs and Everstone for nature if parent have a good nature that u wanted breed to your egg)
    Last edited by Derose; 12-18-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Nice guide. Shoutout to the BreedingDittos subreddit for letting people get 6 IV Dittos easily if you wanna pass down IVs!

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    I don't mean this is a nasty or rude way, but would you mind if I went through and corrected any grammar mistakes? I just think it'll be easier to read if they're all changed. I mean, the guide is very good, and definitely helpful, but I just feel it may be a bit of an easier read with less or no grammar mistakes.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @GengyGengar you are welcome to do so.