Thread: Star Wars The Force Awakens Review (Spoilers/No spoilers)

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Star Wars The Force Awakens Review (Spoilers/No spoilers)

I'll put a non spoiler review here and add a spoiler review in a tag.

Non-Spoiler: Fantastic! I've never had so much fun at a theater before, being among as many as 300 Star Wars fans in one room. The movie feels classic and new at the same time, echoing elements of the original movie while bringing a prominent focus to the new characters. The effects all appear real and natural, with minimal and sparingly used CGI. 10/10

Click the tag at your own risk.
    No turning back, are you sure???

Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Spoiler!
    It takes a Teen Age Riot to get me out of bed right now.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    just a quick comment if there's any spoilers not in a tag insta ban 4ever

you heard it here first,

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3196-4454-9531
    It was certainly better than the prequels but I thought in terms of creative risk/innovation it left much to be desired. The plot and pacing of the movie was incredibly similar to A New Hope and, at times I think, relies a bit too much on the nostalgia factor. The art direction sometimes seemed like they were trying to be more of a reboot than a sequel to the originals. That being said I don't think it's a bad movie, just nothing that innovative, I'd recommend seeing it if you haven't already. Lower use of CGI was very much appreciated and I think most of the new characters are pretty good. I'm kind of treating it as an extended trailer for the next one and am really looking forward to see what they do next!

Other minor complaints: (spoilers)
    Spoiler!

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallarion View Post
    It was certainly better than the prequels but I thought in terms of creative risk/innovation it left much to be desired. The plot and pacing of the movie was incredibly similar to A New Hope and, at times I think, relies a bit too much on the nostalgia factor. The art direction sometimes seemed like they were trying to be more of a reboot than a sequel to the originals. That being said I don't think it's a bad movie, just nothing that innovative, I'd recommend seeing it if you haven't already. Lower use of CGI was very much appreciated and I think most of the new characters are pretty good. I'm kind of treating it as an extended trailer for the next one and am really looking forward to see what they do next!

Other minor complaints: (spoilers)
    Spoiler!
    So I had typed this up earlier, and I thought I'd put it here. Spoilers.

Spoiler!

Not to say it doesn't have its prblems, it's just being an apparent copy of a New Hope isn't one of them.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I saw the new Star Wars movie a few weeks ago, and only recently have I seen this post.

I enjoyed the movie, I thought it was a great movie. I can't exactly put into words why I liked it, but it's still good enough to say I did. One thing about it I have to say though is that this didn't feel like Star Wars. My friend Ed, who I saw it with me said the same thing. It was a good movie, that we agreed. But it didn't have the Star Wars feel. It felt like that one movie everyone over hyped to be the greatest thing ever. I do want to go back and see it for one reason though, and it's something a lot of my friends said would be quite funny.