Hello, Majorasfan here with a strange but possibly fun idea! We've all played quite a bit of Mafia, on the forum and off. While I very much enjoy the game, it doesn't tickle my mystery-solving instinct as much as I would like it to. A lot of the game is decided by blind picking by nature of the game, and it can be difficult to find "clues" to determine who the villains are.

So I thought of something slightly different. Since I'm on Winter Break and have plenty of time to do such a thing, I was thinking of hosting a more mystery-oriented game. Similar to mafia, everyone will have some sort of role that has some sort of ability. There will be one to three villains / conspirators that will murder people, and the game will end if the villains are stopped by some method, or if everyone else is dead.

The changes, however, would be rather significant: I'm planning on making this much more mystery-focused. The setting will matter, and where/how the murder takes place will be clues for certain characters (For instance, the medical doctor can perform a detailed examination on the body to get more info). Like Mafia, the special roles will get their information through PMs, and they can choose to share as much or as little as they want in public with the rest of the players.

I would also add a few other tweaks to make things more fun and more thought-provoking.

So the question is, would you guys be interested in something like this? I haven't made too many details yet, but if there is interest and people would be able to participate, I would love hosting something like this. It would likely be held sometime between December 26th and January 10, all depending on when people are free, how soon people reply, and the number of people.