View Poll Results: Would you be willing to participate in this event?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interested and am able to.

7 77.78%
  • I would like to, but I don't have the time.

1 11.11%
  • No, I am not interested in this.

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Winter Not-Mafia game? Details inside!

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003

A Winter Not-Mafia game? Details inside!

Hello, Majorasfan here with a strange but possibly fun idea! We've all played quite a bit of Mafia, on the forum and off. While I very much enjoy the game, it doesn't tickle my mystery-solving instinct as much as I would like it to. A lot of the game is decided by blind picking by nature of the game, and it can be difficult to find "clues" to determine who the villains are.

So I thought of something slightly different. Since I'm on Winter Break and have plenty of time to do such a thing, I was thinking of hosting a more mystery-oriented game. Similar to mafia, everyone will have some sort of role that has some sort of ability. There will be one to three villains / conspirators that will murder people, and the game will end if the villains are stopped by some method, or if everyone else is dead.

The changes, however, would be rather significant: I'm planning on making this much more mystery-focused. The setting will matter, and where/how the murder takes place will be clues for certain characters (For instance, the medical doctor can perform a detailed examination on the body to get more info). Like Mafia, the special roles will get their information through PMs, and they can choose to share as much or as little as they want in public with the rest of the players.

I would also add a few other tweaks to make things more fun and more thought-provoking.

So the question is, would you guys be interested in something like this? I haven't made too many details yet, but if there is interest and people would be able to participate, I would love hosting something like this. It would likely be held sometime between December 26th and January 10, all depending on when people are free, how soon people reply, and the number of people.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6748-2483
    Yeah sure why not, sounds better just as long people remind me so I don't forget about it
    PMT / White Draft
    Thanks shaymin!
    Old SS Forum info:
    Spoiler!

Gaming info:
    Spoiler!

Last Updated: 4/7/16

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Hmm . . . I'd be interested, since I never really found Mafia itself to be that interesting, though since I foresee spending most of December and January making games I don't really know how much time I'd have for that.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm down for more Not-Mafia roleplaying type games in general, like a forum-wide D&D like game, or something like that. I'm down to take part in this, but I don't know to what extent I'll be able to participate.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This sounds way more interesting than Mafia. I've also been hooked on Danganronpa recently, so this is a nice surprise. I'd be down to do this.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    was it majorasfan in the bathroom with the candlestick?
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Pretty sure it was Xerodragon in the conservatory with the lead pipe.

Tournament VictorTournament ProctorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Or maybe this is all just one weird dreeeeeeaaaaaam.

DonatorRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im in for this. The forum needs something like this lol

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I was originally hoping to get 8-12 people interested, with 10 being the sweet spot. Due to the lack of interest, I'm not sure this would be as interesting as I had hoped.. I'll mull it over, but odds are I'll probably end up not doing it with the current numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast