Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Very Important Suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215

Re: Very Important Suggestion

Okay, going to actively call @SuperSceptile out on contributing to the very problem the post he locked was referring to and point out that there have only been a couple posts here not related to a superthread per week - month - for a long time now: in other terms, this forum is very close to dead. I don't especially want that to happen but I can only speak for myself (this is Dragonite) if nobody else has anything to say about it, but I'd really rather that not happen.

So what are you all thinking?

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    To Forumotion!
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    If people want to do an actual discussion that's fine but that topic seemed like a complete joke with nobody taking it seriously. I'm not against talking about the forum's state and bringing up actual suggestions but saying to close the forum, even as a joke suggestion, does not help the problem.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Then you should have said that, instead of making witty comments like

Dying does not equal dead
    Seriously, what are people even thinking about right now? I didn't expect you'd let the entire forum go the way of Super Skarmory Community Channel.

For what it's worth I misread "suggestion" as "question," though that doesn't much change the situation.

DonatorAdministratorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0387-8889-5707
    I just get so confused by these threads. Like, there's a few options for people who realize that the forums are become inactive and "dying":

-Leave, you don't have to be here.
    -Post more and encourage your friends to post more.
    -??? Probably other things that are actually productive??? Brainstorm? Pose real questions?

It seems so counterproductive to me to just post about how crappy some place is-- if it's crappy and you want it to get better, improve it. If it's crappy and you don't want it to get better, leave. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off regarding how HOOO BOY THE FORUMS THEY'RE JUST SO **** NOW, RIGHT?!!? does no one any good and contributes to the very death y'all seem so obsessed with.

Shut up and get out or do something with your lives, jfc.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    Quote Originally Posted by marissachu View Post
    I just get so confused by these threads. Like, there's a few options for people who realize that the forums are become inactive and "dying":

-Leave, you don't have to be here.
    Great line to say to someone who explicitly said they themselves don't want the forum to die.

-Post more and encourage your friends to post more.
    Could it be? Is the reason why we don't post because our friends don't tell us to? Sure, let's put it that way. Be a leader, not a follower. But wouldn't it suck if you were to post and your friends STILL don't contribute?

-??? Probably other things that are actually productive??? Brainstorm? Pose real questions?
    I really don't like your attitude, so I'm not gonna post.

It seems so counterproductive to me to just post about how crappy some place is-- if it's crappy and you want it to get better, improve it. If it's crappy and you don't want it to get better, leave. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off regarding how HOOO BOY THE FORUMS THEY'RE JUST SO **** NOW, RIGHT?!!? does no one any good and contributes to the very death y'all seem so obsessed with.

Shut up and get out or do something with your lives, jfc.
    Yikes.

Whatever happened to the massive influx of users that the forums were supposed to gain? What did we ever decide to help us gain members? The main Pokecheats website? Nintendo WiFi is dead. Serebii and Bulbapedia are literally the only websites you would need for Pokemon news. There are several mainstream websites already doing several things we do better. Oh, you're saying we'll get popular the more we cover? Well just how are we gonna get people to visit in the first place.

I remember when we used to have newbies from Eyan's channel posting here everyday, posting their Pokemon teams and asking Eyan for an opinion, although he would never see those threads. It's saddening, because everyone lacks motivation to post as we're just not popular anymore, and will probably never will be.
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    join bricky forums we have friendlier staff
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As Marissa said, posting about how the forums are dying is useless. We all know it. If you guys want, we can let the forums die gracefully and go our separate ways. That's fine with us. After all, most of us, especially us staff, have lives and are the busiest we've ever been, and we just can't spend as much time working on the website and forums like we used to. But if you guys want to keep the forums around, start by not *********** and wasting our times with stupid threads talking about how the forums are dying and not actually solving the problem. After all, the forums exist for your sake, not ours. You want to keep it alive, start by making quality threads and contributing to pre-existing discussions. I've seen a lot of people, in the chatbox and the previous thread, say things along the lines of "The staff isn't doing anything" and the such, either sarcastically or otherwise. We've already done everything we can to start conversations, to start discussions. We've shown off what kind of posts are acceptable, we've shown off what you can or can't do. We've provided incentive after incentive to keep posting and making threads, such as the market. We've started to do our own podcast and let's plays as discussion starters. After that, it's all on you. If you guys aren't going to post quality content, if you guys aren't going to contribute to the aliveness of the forums, then by all means, let the forums die. Just don't go around making threads pointing out the obvious and not take responsibility.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nobody cares about what you don't do, we're worried about the effectiveness of what's already been done. You can't dance around the fact that the merge didn't help any and the staff changes were a mistake. We are your consumers, and as consumers, we still need to be given some kind of drive. That hasn't been given to us.
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricktoad View Post
    Nobody cares about what you don't do, we're worried about the effectiveness of what's already been done. You can't dance around the fact that the merge didn't help any and the staff changes were a mistake. We are your consumers, and as consumers, we still need to be given some kind of drive. That hasn't been given to us.
    This is your forum as well. Are the staff doing all that they can? Maybe, maybe not. But are the users of the forums doing the same? The answer is a definitive NO. No one is dancing around the fact that the merger didn't work, and no one is consciously avoiding the topic of adding staff. You say that you are the consumers. That's true. But what you fail to see is that you are also the producers. It's your posts, your threads, and your interactions that drive the forums, not the staff's. The staff exists solely to ensure that the content that does exist stays within the bounds of the forums. We manage interactions, not bring them to life. In other words, we, the staff, exist solely as quality control. We contribute what we can from time to time, but ultimately, you guys are the ones who need to produce your own drive and your own incentives to post. If you rely solely on the staff's incentives to you, then yes, the forums will eventually die. We'll eventually run our well of incentives dry, and people will leave, just as they're doing now. You want to keep the forums alive, you want your drive to post, that's on you, not the staff.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast