Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Very Important Suggestion

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ngl this thread is my favorite on this forum.

Cascade UserBoulder User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really hope the best for this community. I have no ties to it, I tried and failed. And even though I was treated lika a 3rd-class member in this community because I was new and didn't like discussions, I only have good wishes to all of you. I can see you all care and want this to move forward, and share a passion for this site and the memories you have of it. This thread is an amazing example of how important it is for most of you, and that if you all just changed the angle of approach to not clash between each other, nothing would stop you.

I think that searching for the origin of the problem is not productive in this case. It just becomes a witch hunt that would end in conflict and possibly the death of the forums. I know that what I'm about to ask for is hard, because we humans don't behave like this... but maybe it's time to forgive and forgot.
    Mistakes were made, surely, and maybe somepeople aren't our cup of tea, but if this community further divides itself by placing blame and asking for unrealistic things from those who oppose you, then nothing is accomplished.

What I suggest is to make a true effort to forgive what was done, either personally or generally, and forget it happened to really go forward. I would be more than interested in becoming a regular again if that happened, and follow through with that mindset. I would even bring some people along too!
    However that would bring another problem, and that's the way new people is received. I saw my Introduction thread, and compared it to others. While I was welcomed in a warm manner, others were greeted with pessimism and warnings about the condition of the forums. That first impression is vital, and while I'm grateful by the way I was welcomed, I wish that would extend to everybody.
    The constant mentioning of the state of the forums is a drawback. It's impossible to try and fight for survival if the attitude is one of perpetual pessimism. You need to tell yourself that the forums are going to grow, even if you think you're lying to yourself. That keeps you up and running, and that's something that very few people practice.

I joined this place because my friend told me it was a nice and laid back forum that meant something to her. I don't even like Pokemon that much, but I stayed because the people here were cool!... when they were not attacking each other, that is. It was disheartening to see people I liked to hang out with turn to me and call me names because I didn't support "their side" of the current discussion. And by the end of the day, I found myself angry at some people, with is something that never happens to me online. And all of that... why? Because someone said Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game? I think that a sound advice is that discussions should never get personal, and if you feel they are becoming personal, it's fine to lose the argument. Be better and let "the other side win" and you will win.
    I know I digressed, so here's a tl;dr:

-Both staff and members should forgive and forget what happened up to this point.
    -New people comes, make'em feel nice. First impressions are a big deal
    -Be optimistic at all costs. You'll find it's easier for you to contributewhen you have a positive mindset about the future
    -Discussions are not something to take personal, if the other person does so, just drop the topic in a respectful manner.

I can't really do more. I apologize in advnce if you feel that I should have no input in this, but it does sadden me the way this place is headed to. Not because of me, but for the people of this community, that I can see do care about it.

Best of wishes.

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    this thread was so wild
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    1332-8198-6921
    I loved how people said "let's make sure the forums don't die. lets do this and this."

The forums are not dying THEY'RE DEAD. There is no going back.

What made the forums great was Eyan. Back then (2009) there was no skype or teamspeak or any of that. Now we have all that. Want to stay in contact with everyone here? Join the skype group.

You guys are probably wondering what the next step is. I honestly have no clue. I grew as a person in one year being away from the forums. I made many friends that will last a life time. I might have found myself a long life partner who I will love for the rest of my life.

I know you guys want to cling and hold onto the forums. But you had to let go. I saw the forums as a lost cause and left to make new friends. These friends accept me for who I am. These forums were great but I was somehow always bullied to a certain extent.

Yes I am not one of those 2009 kids. But look. Guys. I want you all to join new community. Make new friends. Grow as a person and discover yourself. Staying on one place does not help you as a person.

If you want to have this community move somewhere why can't the forums just move to Discord? It's a great place to still chat with people and even voice chat.

I am done here. I just wanted to make this quick post. That's all.
    Last edited by BreeZaps; 10-09-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Had 1527 rep before rep system died.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to state the obvious, but the problem is some of us can't or don't want to let go. I am one of those people that can't let go. I've moved from forum to forum because I wanted to improve on GFX. I've had to because what was left of the GFX community died long before the rest of this community died. I've been moving and I still don't ever feel like I can fit in (I mean I've found a community, but one of the people in it is so cancer and douchy that I can't describe him in a half-decent manner). The same goes for these people that are stuck liking posts.

Yes I have grown as a person just from doing what I love to do, but I don't want to let go of this community. I know I can since I've got Skype and Discord, but it can't replace a forum.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 10-10-2016 at 08:18 PM.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So uh.. if I may ask, what's the current plan for the future of the forums?

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Lurking, mainly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    gradually collect enough points to purchase a username color again
    follow my epic twitter account @chairycoke

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    RIP Eyancheats
    "charlotte is ok"

Steam YouTube MyAnimeList

Spoiler!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We should perform some crazy ritual to restore life to this place.

I mean, I'm writing poem every week, that's something.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast