Thread: Your Favorite Thing About School?

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Your Favorite Thing About School?

Now before you ignore this thread or tell me "Shut the **** up Shadow no one likes school". This isn't necessarily a thread to discuss every tiny bit of school. But rather it's the thread to share your favorite things about school.

For myself, it's those teachers that help make school a little less dreadful. I've had my fair share of teachers, but every year there were always a bunch of teachers I really enjoyed having, who made the class great. There's a style of how they teach that makes the class interesting. They may crack a joke, or it's their personality that is really appealing. I've experienced that myself with my College Composition and Intro to Theater Classes. (Which had remarkable teachers.)

So, what about you guys?

Now if there's a thread like this that already exists, I apologize. But as one moderator has once said in a heated suggestion thread far, far away:

Quote Originally Posted by marissachu View Post
    -Post more and encourage your friends to post more.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    "Shut the **** up Shadow no one likes school".

For me it's definitely when you have fun teachers. I never had any fun teachers until this year and they are a joy to be around. It makes learning about a boring topic much more interesting.

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMr.L View Post
    For myself, it's those teachers that help make school a little less dreadful. I've had my fair share of teachers, but every year there were always a bunch of teachers I really enjoyed having, who made the class great.
    Ohhhhh amen amen amen amen amen

I can totally relate.

My old English teacher is literally the best person on this damn planet. She is so sarcastic and cracks yo mama jokes and makes fun of students and has over 10 freakin pomeranian puppies.
    I have a handful of other teachers that have great personalities as well, and they make class drag less.

That said, I've been a long-time member of the school Bands, and I'm not going to give that up anytime soon. One of the biggest reasons is because of my old Band teacher, who was basically a father figure in my life. He's teaching somewhere else now, but the class is at least trying to adapt to the new conductor. Band is still fun (I guess), and I'm furthering my musical studies with the likes of composing and stuff.

Other than that, I go to school because I want to see my friends. My best friend has been a little somber lately, and it's a little daunting, yeah, but I try my best to cheer her up.

I just wish I don't have to wake up at 6 AM every day.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My favorite thing about school was, like everyone said, the teachers. I don't think I've ever had an AP teacher who wasn't cool in some capacity, like referencing Homestar Runner videos, or holding Waffle parties every Wednesday post AP exam, or even playing Magic: the Gathering during lunch. Their lectures were always engaging and fun, and the fact that I've had friends in a lot of those classes made class time just fly by. In college, however, my favorite thing is the freedom of choice. Of course, I have my core classes, my engineering design, my Linear Algebra classes, but I also have freedom to chose my electives, like East Asian literature, or Analysis of Comic Books. Even within engineering, I could choose courses that interested me, like introductory robotics. The fact that I find these topics interesting is more than enough to drag myself out of bed, regardless of whether or not I have friends in those classes.

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerodragon12 View Post
    My favorite thing about school was, like everyone said, the teachers. I don't think I've ever had an AP teacher who wasn't cool in some capacity, like referencing Homestar Runner videos, or holding Waffle parties every Wednesday post AP exam, or even playing Magic: the Gathering during lunch. Their lectures were always engaging and fun, and the fact that I've had friends in a lot of those classes made class time just fly by. In college, however, my favorite thing is the freedom of choice. Of course, I have my core classes, my engineering design, my Linear Algebra classes, but I also have freedom to chose my electives, like East Asian literature, or Analysis of Comic Books. Even within engineering, I could choose courses that interested me, like introductory robotics. The fact that I find these topics interesting is more than enough to drag myself out of bed, regardless of whether or not I have friends in those classes.
    your teachers are nerrrrrrds.

I only really like school when I like the content that I am learning. If it's course material that I hate or find not interesting I'll zone out and not do well.

So for me the best part about school is learning material that I enjoy!

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    I know this is gonna sound terrible and arrogant, but I loved getting good grades and showing the class I did better than everyone else at tests. It made me feel hopeful for my future, especially during times of personal trouble.
    On the other hand, I also loved the feeling of completely failing. In some classes, like Chemistry and CAD, I was terrible in my final years; and because no one was used to me getting bad grades, they'd give me astonished looks whenever I got a bad result. These experiences too helped me find my place in the world and actually made it easier to socialize.

Other than that, I loved computer sciences class. We were only seven students and a teacher, none of them your stereotypical nerd, but all of them fascinated by computers and logic. I had some great times and learned many interesting things (though I still don't quite understand the OSI model).

One more amazing experience was the school ball. In Austrian high schools, its tradition for the seniors to organize a ball completely themselves. Finding sponsors, getting a good location in the city, getting a band to play, studying the dance routines, serving the guests, finding ways to make fun of the teachers, ...
    It may be the easiest thing to organize for adults, but as a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds, it was a great challenge and the resulting night felt rewarding.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Specifically, senior year of high school:

Running teh mile in Gym Class, being the only one who actually runs and getting weird looks from people I've passed on the track three or four times. A highly effective way of making sure the gym teacher never bothers you, even when you sleep through 95% of s3x ed.

Graphic Design class was pretty cool too, largely due to the fact that it gave me an excuse to do YouTube work during class while everyone else was trying to figure out what the Select tool did.

And computer science, for obvious reasons.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0688-5832-4685
    Like most people, I like the teachers that make teaching actually fun and exciting, the cool teachers. You can't exactly be interested in the source material if the teacher who's teaching you it isn't too great.

On another note, I always used to like the specials our schools used to have (Gym, Music, Art). In Gym we always got to play dodgeball and all that stuff, in music is was fun when we were down in the gym dancing, and in Art it's always interesting to see what creations you have made.
    Ross the Boss, AKA THE DANGER RANGER