Thread: Crazy Wonder Trade Stories!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Crazy Wonder Trade Stories!

If you have your hands on a copy of the glory company Nintendo's famous Pokémon franchise. In addition, if you own Pokémon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire or X/Y, you'd be aware of an interesting part of the game where you can trade a random a Pokémon with a random stranger. It's truly a mystery to what you get! It's possible to get anything! Do you have any awesome wonder trades that you'd like to share about? I sure do!

Earlier today, in my goal to complete the Pokédex in Alpha Sapphire, I was just wonder trading, minding my own business. Expecting either useless Pokémon for trading material or to contribute to my Pokédex. I don't remember what I traded, but I got a Shiny Honedge. I didn't even realize it was a shiny when I went to my PC. I was freaking out. I don't have a lot of luck with shinies, so even getting one from wonder trade was amazing. I was freaking out so much. Some witnesses of this event were Brick, X, ssshaymin and local moderator @SuperSceptile (who sucks btw ) And Sceptile said to me "You sound like a Wingull if Wingull's were real."

Anywhom, that's my story! Share some of your crazy stories! (Or just stories, whatever you want.)

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a long time ago and I don't remember the story completely, but I was breeding Froakies because I was unaware that Imposter Dittos (courtesy of Sonrio's Friend Safari) had no effect on getting Hidden Abilities for other Pokemon, so any Froakie I didn't like was Wonder Traded. I'm half way through my box of level one Froakies and I got this guy that also Wonder Traded over a Froakie. It had the exact same level, gender, and nature... and the only thing that was different from the Froakie I traded him was that the ability of the Froakie I received had Protean.

Probably not as special a story as OP, but it's one that I like to laugh at from time to time.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    My Imposter Dittos ROCK dude
    Was it all worth throwing away?

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Never got anything interesting myself unless you count peoples' 5IV breeding fodder, but

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    and I got this guy that also Wonder Traded over a Froakie. It had the exact same level, gender, and nature... and the only thing that was different from the Froakie I traded him was that the ability of the Froakie I received had Protean.

I do know a guy who actually did end up getting one of his own Pokémon back, stats and OT name and all. Small world.

Marsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3711-8217-1938
    The craziest thing I can think off, of the top of my head, is when I was given a Mewtwo while trading away from breedjects. It didn't have a particularly good moveset, but it was cool that I got one. Other than that, the best stuff I've gotten are a few 6IV and 5IV Pokes.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like how this thread didn't last very long. FeelsBadMan