Gaming info:
    Spoiler!

Last Updated: 4/7/16

DonatorThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    yo, chickens are the best. except when they turn evil and attack you when you get close. yes, that happened to me once.

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How's everyone doing on this Wednesday?

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For once in this school year, I'm actually feeling really great. The homework that I have due for Friday is incredibly simple and for once I don't have a college level workload.

Speaking of school, there was this WHAP teacher that made an assignment out of an incident in her class that involved one of my irl friends having a five/six inch long cockroach in her binder. I'm still laughing at it because my friend's testimony said something like "I found this really big cockroach in my binder. I tried to keep cool and I told the person behind me about it, who freaked out and then I freaked out because she was freaking out."
    Last edited by Shaymin; 01-13-2016 at 05:53 PM.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxy View Post
    yo, chickens are the best. except when they turn evil and attack you when you get close. yes, that happened to me once.
    this sounds like a story I need to hear . . .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    this sounds like a story I need to hear . . .
    Well, I might have oversimplified it a little earlier.
    My family has been keeping a bunch of chicken for many years now. Right now we've got 6 females and 1 male. And that rooster likes to get a little crazy sometimes. He attacks some people (like my mother) whenever he sees them, and others (like me) only when they got too close. He's small and can't seriously injure an adult, but that beak can still hurt quite a lot.

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxy View Post
    Well, I might have oversimplified it a little earlier.
    My family has been keeping a bunch of chicken for many years now. Right now we've got 6 females and 1 male. And that rooster likes to get a little crazy sometimes. He attacks some people (like my mother) whenever he sees them, and others (like me) only when they got too close. He's small and can't seriously injure an adult, but that beak can still hurt quite a lot.
    Heh. We had a rooster for a little while, but had to give him away because apparently neighbors don't like crowing. He was a bantam silkie and only about eight inches tall and couldn't do anything to anyone, but he'd try to attack your feet sometimes when you walked past or something. Good times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    Heh. We had a rooster for a little while, but had to give him away because apparently neighbors don't like crowing. He was a bantam silkie and only about eight inches tall and couldn't do anything to anyone, but he'd try to attack your feet sometimes when you walked past or something. Good times.
    I've got one chicken story that's even better. Some years ago, we got two or three new chickens. One of them was very young and fragile, so the others would always take away her food and attack her. To combat this, my dad and I would always wake up really early and find some worms to give her in a closed area, where no one could disturb her. It worked a little too well, and after some years, that chicken became the exact opposite of what she used to be. Now she was the one who would always steal the other's food and attack them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Hmm, we didn't ever have anything like that . . . a few of our chickens did chase down the dog a bunch of years ago when they were younger, though. After that whenever the dog would meander over to wherever the chickens were standing, she'd just run away when they turned around to look at her.

All is right in the pecking order.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    3866-9448-9410
    yo, can I use this thread to ramble about the politics of a country no one else on this site cares about? cause i'll do it.

So we've got presidential elections coming up in Austria in late April, and politicians are slowly announcing their candidacies now, with real campaigning probably starting in March, about one and a half months before the elections. Now the presidency is mostly a ceremonial office here, and while its holder theoretically has a lot of power, he rarely ever uses it. In fact, since 1945 there has only been one instance of a president refusing to sign a law into force and one instance of a president refusing to swear in ministers he deems untrustworthy. Some people have called for complete abolition of the office, but those people are stupid and shortsighted. The writers of the constitution intended the president to be a sort of watchman over the democratic processes in the country who shall step in only if something is going seriously wrong or if there is a great threat to the country. For this reason, he is given power to dissolve the parliament, call for reelections and is commander-in-chief of the military. He needs to be independent from parliament and the political parties and can only be impeached by popular vote. To ensure he's liked by the people in the first place, he needs to gather at least 50% of the votes in the elections. If no candidate gains that amount, the top two go into a run-off election four weeks later.

Now, the people who call the president useless and want to abolish the office (mostly supporters of the far right) are the same people complaining now that one candidate has said he actually intends to use his powers if elected.
    There's a far-right hate group calling itself a political party in this country, and with the recent refugee crisis (Austria being #3 per capita refugee host country in Europe) and growing discontent with the European Union, they've gathered a lot of supporters, but even more opponents. Nevertheless, polls indicate this party could get up to 25% of the vote in parliamentary elections (next are scheduled for 2018), thus becoming the biggest party in parliament. One presidential candidate has said he sees the eurosceptic stance of that party as an existential threat to Austria's economy and role in the world and would refuse to swear in its head as chancellor. Everyone can figure out for themselves how happy that party's supporters are with this idea, calling it undemocratic and unconstitutional. Forget about how 25% support is less than the 50% necessary to become president.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast