Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Now a Nostalgia Thread!

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I always talk like an old person, mentioning "Back in 2008-2009" because that was the heyday of my activity on the forums, and thinking back on it I definitely feel a lot older. The 15 year old Nick was definitely different in a lot of ways from the 22 year old Nick, but in many ways they're same as well. I made some wonderful lifelong friends on the forums, and had adventures as an admin that still make me chuckle, and make for great stories, to this day. I've been an admin in the incarnations of this site since then, and those of you who have been here for a long time might remember that old me (i.e. before I liked anime at all, and refused the idea of owning anything other than a Nintendo system). I still remember a lot of the old versions of other members, and it's really neat to be able to look back and see everyone's journeys.

I've been through so many things on these sites, and it's nice to finally give it some official closure. It makes me especially happy to still be using this sweet forum skin with the render made by Zach - and as I stare at it, I think of how much I've grown since that 15 year-old Nick. Back then I was flying by the seat of my pants, doing crazily authoritative things (even more than what Eyan was often comfortable with) and got pleasure in holding the ridiculous and stupid events that were the forum courts, or the "infiltration of other sites". I did what I wanted and because of that seemed like an imposing, or at least a not personable, figure. That's also the reason that I'm really only close with the former core members of the mod/admin group (though I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything). Nowadays, however, I've chilled out a lot. I let people do what they want and pride myself in trying to hear as many different viewpoints as possible. I've learned tolerance, and love to play the devil's advocate rather than stamping out any opinion I don't like. Among many other things, these experiences have helped me grow so much, and I thank everyone for putting up with me throughout it all.

Looking forward, I'm going to be graduating in 3 weeks from college, and if all goes according to plan I'll be embarking the next step of my life shortly afterwards. It'll be extremely difficult for me personally, but I have a lot of resolve and look forward to seeing it through. For once I have real confidence about this as opposed to the facade of confidence I usually air, and I'm sure I'll make it through. I'll still browse and check stuff over the next few months, but I may have to stop coming due to time constraints after that.

So thanks, SS Forums. It's been an awesome ride.

~Majorasfan

Tournament ProctorDonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2063-0136-8567
    guys i just realized i was 9 when i first joined these forums and im turning 16 in a few days holy sht
    Was it all worth throwing away?

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    For anybody who didn't see Ice's beautiful collage:
    https://twitter.com/Icepocalypse/sta...38812717162498
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So... What's gonna happen now?

Halftime ModeratorSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    dead people are faded out in ices picture
    OLD ENGLISH.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    The real reason this forum was never as great as Forumotion was that we didn't have Melchior.

Pokemon73 kind of took his place for a but but it wasn't the same...
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

i miss melchior more than i miss anything else in the world

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm so disappointed he didn't join this forum.

come home melchior my one and only love

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Help us Melchoir Kenobi. You're our only hope.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast