Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now a Nostalgia Thread!

Rainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm throwing in my two cents. I apologize if it doesn't make sense but I'm giving my honest feelings here.

I've had many friends here. Many come and gone. Many still here, but I'm not in their lives anymore. Many who I have in my lives, and a few I talk to every now and then. I've been here for nearly 7 years (the community as a whole). I've been torn on my feelings about it. For example, I do agree with Aaron that this place is going to be tough to save, and perhaps saving it is impossible.

On the other hand, my nostalgia for everything and everyone makes me wanna keep this place up. How we do that I don't know. It would take a ton of work, and like Zach said, we are all getting older. We can't have this place magically reborn in the future. Some of us will surely have moved on.

One thing I can say that's been a factor that drives people away (myself included for a month) is our own behavior. We ourselves in my eyes are destroying this place. There's truly a bit too much tension between us members and staff. My example is BreeZaps. She used to love this place, then she somehow hated it. To my knowledge it's partly through how one or a few treated her.

She isn't my only example. When Aaron, myself and others would go post in POINTLESS Forum Games about close the forum, salty sceptile, etc: Xero and Sceptile kept closing our threads. Yes, we were immature I don't deny that but they didn't handle it maturely either. They kind of closed or deleted it without some legitimate reason. "Because you touch yourself at night." Doesn't exactly make you credible to justify your closings.

How we bring this back? Who knows? I still bring up Zach's post. We are all getting older. There only so much we can do. And it seems like this is our last carnation.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I mean, even to this day, every single one of my online friends that I regularly talk to I have met on the forums. I think that's a great testament to how worthwhile the site has been over these years. I know there are lots of other little groups who are a tight-knit circle of friends, such as the "Eurokiddies," "Spitty's group," and not to mention the countless Skype groups you guys have with eachother!

I guess, the gist of it is, we've all greatly benefited from these forums and have mostly moved on, but always want to come back to relive those "glory days." I STILL see many of you logging on Forumotion. We don't want to give up because it's always a part of us, and we keep coming back. So, I think, the forums will always live on in this way.

Cascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess it's time to put my input on this.

I been here/eyanworld since May of 2008 (Maybe earlier than that) back when it was on Spruz. Honestly, this place is just a place where people come to hang out now really because of certain users. I will admit, I come here very rarely now, and don't make much appearences. However, the split away from SS was nesscary because its super eyan and we really lost that part of us. Now its a few of those forum gurus that follow every time or from 2012 site. Well either way now, this site is always gonna have a niche following. Unless Kamex decides to open a forum ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), I really dont ever see this forum getting popular. We all know that. I sort of moved on due to just not being into the same hobbies most of you guys seem to share. Everyone is really going their seperate ways, and I don't see much of a reason to keep paying for these forums. Most of us just do twitter, skype, etc. Each forum that dies, we spawn a new one then

CXlhWhTUAAA7b2b.jpg

Personally, I think its best if we all move on from here. Now it just seems like negativity every time I come back here. Website really hasn't really seem many changes since well, back when the forum first opened up. Staff changes yes, but in terms of new looks. Still the same banner, and almost reminds me of EyanWorld more than Pokecheats. Dispite the efforts of some great staff here (Zachgoose bby) I think its time to pull the plug. Seeing money being drained into a forum that hasnt been getting much attention (In both user and staff) base is what I will throw out there.

I will check back in a few months from now to see if this post got deleted.

-SFB/Dave Hester/Whatever the **** you want to call me now

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    zach i'm crying ;;
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

SS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, it's me. GR123 or zendikar. Yes I changed my name. Yes I have changed as a person. And yes, I just found this place in my browser history. I look here, notice the names changed, but I haven't seen my friends from a year ago. Like Bree, or Lyra. This place has changed. I feel like it's like not much of a hangout anymore. Do they even still have the chat room? I'm using this on my phone sooo IDK. But any way, the forums sound much more lazy then before, when we were young, and no one liked me. This forums might be done, but for others, this is a new beginning. Pretty soon there's gonna be a new Lyra, skitty or even Bree. Just if you don't use it, let the new guys handle it.
    Ok now I think that made no sense but my job has been done :)
    I'm brave, I'm fearless, I'm.................... Ahhhh CREEPER RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Zendikar.

Hey, can you guys be a little nicer to me please?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bree is gone dude. Well, from these forums that is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Quote Originally Posted by MessyPorpoise53 View Post
    This forums might be done, but for others, this is a new beginning. Pretty soon there's gonna be a new Lyra, skitty or even Bree. Just if you don't use it, let the new guys handle it.
    Ok now I think that made no sense but my job has been done :)
    YO ZENDIKAR OMG

I agree with you. It might just be "time to pass the torch" down. It's not like the few bigger Pokemon forums (Serebii and Smogon) have had the same staff for nearly a decade like we have. Staff members and users are frequently cycled out. Even chaos, the founder and owner of Smogon, is rarely even on his own site and others manage the competitive community. Much of the content and the newsposts on Serebii are made by people other than Joe himself. I joined the SS Forums as a PRANK in 2009, and for some reason I'm still here despite being too busy to make time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SFB View Post
    almost reminds me of EyanWorld more than Pokecheats.
    This is true. We still are the Super Skarmory forums, more than Pokecheats. I thought more users would come after merging, but it seems like the majority of the Pokecheats users are totally gone (other than the couple that still come back to ask about the GTS).

The issue is that Super Skarmory no longer exists, but his people are very much alive. I tried to fill his shoes, but since I'm not exactly a content producer there's nothing to talk about. #MakeKamexForumsForReal

Quote Originally Posted by Eoghy View Post
    zach i'm crying ;;
    I am the essence of Anima,
    Feeling Afa's drops rolling down my eyes.
    Nino will forever be a part of me,
    Her excellent growth rates boosting me through life.

Soren may play roms,
    And Icewave may not be mod,
    But Shadow is still around,
    Even if he's not so small anymore...

Pokemon may now be lame,
    And the gameplay is just more of the same,
    But somewhere deep inside its childlike wonder still exists,
    As I queue up for another League of Legends game.

So, let's make a toast to childhood,
    Mash the A button a few more times,
    And put forth another xD,
    And that is how we do it!

So everything will be fine!

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    "good post amir"
    - Melchior, probably.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Zach are you a poet or something

Also, I've known you for 7 years and only now do I learn you joined the forums as a prank? Whaaaaat

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I do have an English degree. :P

Yeah, I did join the forums as a prank! The original story was that I knew Shiningbolt in real life, and he began talking about the SS forums and I had no idea who Super Skarmory was. Without him knowing, I decided to join the forums in 2009 (even though I had never seen any of SS's videos), and stuck around for a few weeks under the name "Amir." I figured I'd befriend "Shiningbolt" on the forums and then once "Amir" got close to him I would reveal it was me all along! Once I told him I was Amir, he freaked out and refused to believe it was me! I had to PM him with my real information to get him to believe me! I ended up sticking around because I loved hanging out with you guys and became very close with Majorasfan.

Then, there was the first junior mod election between me and Shiningbolt! Admittedly, he was much more popular, but I cheated to manipulate votes and won the poll, so I became the first new mod. About a month later, I was added into the admin staff group and I've been there ever since! To this day, I have never watched more than a couple of Super Skarmory's videos!

#SSHistory

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast