Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Magiana" is now a thing

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215

"Magiana" is now a thing

So CoroCoro revealed a new Pokémon. It looks like this:

Yeah, I really wish they'd give the Diancie-esque things (Carbink, Diancie, Mega Diancie, and now this thing) a rest, too.

Apparently it's a "Manmade Pokémon" (officially), is supposed to be a robot and will show up in the next movie. Some people think it's the official first Gen 7 Pokémon, to which I say . . . come on, Pokémon, at least Zorua didn't look like one of the demonic conjurations from Madoka.

My very cynical guess is that, given how Game Freak is now the planet's #1 producer of power creep, it's probably an Arceus-caliber evolution of #719 or something.

ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The next pokemon they're reveal will be a cat-thing that perpetually asks you to make a contract with it /s

Also, don't we already have manmade pokemon with Porygon(/2/z) and voltorb/electrode line and (I believe) Genesect?

-Insert quote about dragons here-
    |Deviantart|Twitter|Pixiv|

Meme Machine ModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerodragon12 View Post

Also, don't we already have manmade pokemon with Porygon(/2/z) and voltorb/electrode line and (I believe) Genesect?
    You're forgetting the best manmade Pokemon. Mewtwo

DonatorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    and Klink, Klang and Klinklang, and the half dozen or so ice cream relatives, and probably a few more

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    I think it's interesting that they hid its existence from us by not putting it in the game files, even. Looks like (and hopefully it is) a Steel/Fairy type. Would be amazing, since that removes fairy's poison and steel weaknesses, and Steel's Fighting weakness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachgoose View Post
    I think it's interesting that they hid its existence from us by not putting it in the game files, even.
    That's the main thing that makes me think it could be Gen 7, though, they presumably knew hackers would find Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion but left them in the game anyway; if they were going to hold any Pokémon and possibly deliver them via software update later, why not do that with them all? Unless they just didn't have its design finished by whenever the deadline was, or something.

Article WriterDonatorAdministratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2938-6771-6671
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    That's the main thing that makes me think it could be Gen 7, though, they presumably knew hackers would find Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion but left them in the game anyway; if they were going to hold any Pokémon and possibly deliver them via software update later, why not do that with them all? Unless they just didn't have its design finished by whenever the deadline was, or something.
    Yeah, it is very bizarre how inconsistent they've been. In XY, you can use Mega Latios and Latias (ORAS exclusive), but not Mega Sceptile/Swampert.

And by the same, Mega Diancie (Kalos Pokemon) is ONLY available in ORAS.

I'm pretty sure Magiana will be Pokemon Z exclusive, sense they haven't patched in new Pokemon before. But then you still have AZ's Floette (which will likely be Z exclusive as well) floating around in the XY game files...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    Hmm, anyone here familiar with Italian? "Magiana" (Japanese version of the name) looks TANTALIZINGLY similar to Italian, but it's not exactly any word I know (or Google Translate knows) so it's otherwise not much of an observation. Gen 7 going to take place in Venice or something?

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0130-1786-1915
    It's just Machina + Gia (Gear), which was further confirmed by the English name I guess.
    RIP sig. I'll add something when I'm not up at 6:30 am.

YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    4682-8983-8215
    well, that takes the fun out of things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast