Thread: Spring 2016 Anime

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238

Spring 2016 Anime

So Winter 2015 has just ended and it was a pretty good season. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was easily anime of the season for me, and Erased was fun to watch, if not slightly disappointing in some areas. Sadly there were many shows that I dropped this season (Dimension W, Divine Gate). Divine Gate was just appalling, and I enjoy SAO. Don't watch it.

Spoiler!

So this is a solid line up as far as I'm concerned.

Shows I'm definitely watching:
    Ace Attorney (It's an anime..... for Ace Attorney. Fabulous)
    Boku no Hero Academia (I've heard a lot of good stuff about the manga and it looks right up my alley.)
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Just marathoned the first 3 seasons of JoJo and it is FANTASTIC! So excited for this.)
    Joker Game (Awesome Cover Art, and it's a World War 2 Spy mystery series? HELL YES!)

Shows I'll check out and either keep watching or drop:
    Big Order (Looks interesting. Could easily end up s*** though.)
    Bungou Stray Dogs (I like studio Bones a lot and this seems interesting.)
    Endride (Seems like a generic fantasy action series but I'll give it an episode.)
    Hundred (Seems like a generic fantasy harem anime but I'll give it an episode.)
    Kiznaiver (The cover is pretty so I need to try it.)
    RE: Zero Kara Blah Blah Blah Japanese Words (Another Harem looking thing but the premise seems interesting enough)
    Sakamoto Desu Ga (OP main character? Cool. I tend to like that stuff for some reason.)
    Sousei no Onmyouji (Exorcist series. I must try it. It's by Studio Clown though so that could be an issue.)

Things I will avoid like the plague:
    Asterisk War season 2 (F*** THIS SHOW)

Anything else comes down to potential fan reactions and if I'm missing out on anything. I hope half of the stuff on my check out list is s*** so that I can not lose my life to anime.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    HELL YEAH, ACE ATTORNEY!

Probably not gonna try any of the other ones, since I don't like new things. But the Ace Attorney anime, SO looking forward to that! Apparently it starts airing today, though the article I found about that was written yesterday so who knows?

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ayy, thanks for posting this season's anime.

Things I'll definitely watch:
    Ace Attorney - Who bloody cares that the animation quality is horrible for 2016 standards, it's bloody Ace Attorney. Also this may be the one time I'm genuinely going to watch from Crunchyroll out of pure interest.

Things I'm interested in watching and will most likely watch:
    Flying Witch - Seems interesting enough.
    Sousei no Onmyouji - Strange synopsis, but it's piqued my interest.

Things that I'm put off naturally, but I'll watch (maybe):
    Boku no Hero Academia - Not really a fan of shounen, but people seem to like it.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 04-02-2016 at 03:48 PM.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    So I thought I'd update what I've been watching this season.

Put on hold due to time constraints:
    Sousei no Onmyouji (Not bad by any means but I see no reason to continue it.)
    Joker Game (Enjoyable but nothing like I'd hoped it would be.)

Dropped due to being utter s***:
    Endride (Just..... Why?)
    Big Order (I think I lost brain cells watching the first episode alone.)
    Hundred (So generic it hurts.)

Watching:
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 (It's JoJo, and it's amazing.)
    Boku no Hero Academia (Fantastic under dog story, fantastic animation, and overall just super high quality.)
    Sakamoto Desu ga? (This is one of the funniest things I've ever watched. It's so FABULOUS!)
    Ace Attorney (Was pretty meh but I watched it out of obligation. Episode 5 had a drastic spike in quality and 6 and 7 continued the trend.)
    Re: Zero (I expected a fantasy harem series and what I got was SUFFERING. This show was such a beautifully pleasant surprise.)
    Kiznaiver (Beautiful animation and I like the quirky characters.)
    Bungou Stray Dogs (Great blend of comedy and serious moments. Super fun to watch.)

Rankings so far:
    1. Boku no Hero Academia
    2. JoJo Part 4
    3. Sakamoto Desu Ga?
    4. RE: Zero
    5. Bungou Stray Dogs
    6. Ace Attorney
    7. Kiznaiver

I kept my bias for Ace Attorney out of my ranking because I realize the show is only ok and it's slowly getting better.

Meant to watch Mayoiga but didn't get around to it. I'll check it out eventually.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I'm glad you've started watching so much - makes me proud to have spread the anime love a bit more. =')

Anywho, this season I'm actually only keeping up with Sakamoto and Ace Attorney. I'm spending most of my time playing through my game backlog and watching shows that have already aired (I really want to watch the Macross series at some point, and I've been watching OVAs for the old game series Sakura Wars).

One day I'll watch past Jojo pt. 1, and then I'll finally catch up to the series. xD