Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Objection! (Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban Anime)

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm still currently playing the Ace Attorney games (I'm playing Rise from the Ashes right now), but I'm also watching this alongside it.

The first episode felt kind of rushed, but hey, it's an unimportant first case, and it needed to be adapted anyway because of The Thinker. Besides a few omitted details, the anime was spot on.
    I thought episode 2 was much better. The pacing was good. I noticed that the anime started to deviate from strictly copying the games the added character development with Phoenix's notebook of crossed-out attorneys.

I watched episode 3 yesterday, and I was a little disappointed. The court scene was super rushed in order to fit the investigation scene in the same episode. Redd White was a lot less arrogant and intimidating (where's the punch??), and the DL-6 incident was only shown in a flashback, and not mentioned by name at all. I understand that putting both the court and investigation scene in the same episode will allow for a full-episode court session, but meh.

I also don't have a problem with the OST like many other people do. Sure, there are some original BGM, but at least they use the game BGM at all, like the cross examination theme (I think they only used Allegro so far).
    Animation is meh, but a drop of quality is to be expected from a 2 cour anime.
    dat euro-pop OP dat glorious ED

Rise from the Ashes might be a little different, since
    Spoiler!
    I actually hope they'll adapt it in a series of OVAs, or a movie, instead of including it in the anime. With the way it's going on right now, half of the show will be for Ace Attorney, and the second half will be for Justice for All, and I don't see Rise from the Ashes fitting in nicely.

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Episode 4 spoiler. This fluff is here to hide it in the What's New. Is it working? I hope it is. It should be. If it isn't working, I blame Dragonite.
    Spoiler!

The One True Pervert DonatorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Lord Nayru View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    I was losing faith in the chance of this being good but episodes 5-7 were really great! They've said they're not doing Rise From the Ashes (thank god. I don't like that case too much), and it looks like it's gonna be 24 eps and cover the 2nd game as well. With this in mind, eps 8-12 will probably adapt Turnabout Goodbyes.

This s*** was hype as all hell

Spoiler!

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    What? No Rise from the Ashes?

*cries in the corner*

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Lord Nayru View Post
    What? No Rise from the Ashes?

*cries in the corner*
    It's just too long for an anime. Without rushing the case they'd need at least 7ish episodes. That's a lot.

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    The new opening for the 2nd half of the series is amazing. They even made BIG TOP LOOK HYPE AS HELL.

Matt Engarde looks so good animated. I can't wait for case 2-4. I love that case so much. They also have Shelly's radio on the stand in the opening too, but it's a quick flash and easy to miss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12