Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Objection! (Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban Anime)

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Objection! (Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban Anime)

For all the people that can't play the original Ace Attorney or watch a playthrough of it.

A rookie lawyer Ryuuichi Naruhodou (Phoenix Wright) stands up to save his defendants by proving their innocence from unusual cases!

Is the defendant guilty or innocent...? Believing his client's innocence Naruhodou stands in court and battles his rival judges. With the word of "OBJECTION!" and limited evidence, Naruhodou makes a comeback when all odds are against him and seems like there is nothing more he can do. Don't miss out on the comical episodes between him and his mentor Chihiro Ayasato (Mia Fey), assistant Mayoi Ayasato (Maya Fey), rival prosecutor Reiji Mitsurugi (Miles Edgeworth), and numerous unique characters! The anime also depicts the childhood relationship between Naruhodou and his friends. With the skills inherited from his mentor Naruho reveals the truth!

So what do you guys think thus far? Will it be an anime you'll watch to the very end?

Go.

OP's note: Jesus llamas, Crunchyroll.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 04-09-2016 at 10:47 PM.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Soul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    Still looking for a place I can watch it (crunchyroll requests that I pay for its free trial, wtf) but I've heard it's just a retelling of the first two games.

Won't stop me from watching it, though.

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    The first episode was pretty good. It would be kind of weird for people who aren't fans of the games, but I enjoyed it. The opening is meh but I love the ending. Animation is super cheap but I don't think it needs super good animation. I love how Phoenix does Ki blasts at the witness when he finds a contradiction lol. Also, the opening is TOTALLY hinting at a total **** relationship between Phoenix and Edgeworth.

Thunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, I love the ending, though I kind of think it's kind of weird that they'd animate an ending with mostly Maya in it from the start. Oh well, it'll be w/e when she gets introduced next week.

Overall, the first episode was really enjoyable. I was a bit half-and-half considering it was an anime and the live action movie (I know it was a game condensed into one movie, but STILL), but it was better than I expected! I definitely loved the way the episode portrayed the case, especially with all the original expressions retained. For the most part, I thought the cheap animation was unnoticable unless I made an effort to nitpick at it, so that makes it okay in my book. Hopefully they'll be able to keep this up.

Was the amount of episodes ordered ever mentioned? I saw the way the lyrics in the opening and ending were displayed and I wondered if the anime is going to go on for longer than a two-cour. I'd worry if it was condensed into thirteen episodes.

#SHIROBAKO FOR SECOND SEASON | MyAnimeList | Deviantart | Twitch | Siggy Shop

Member of the MonthModeratorMarsh UserSoul UserRainbow UserThunder UserCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2165-7533-5238
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    I agree, I love the ending, though I kind of think it's kind of weird that they'd animate an ending with mostly Maya in it from the start. Oh well, it'll be w/e when she gets introduced next week.

Overall, the first episode was really enjoyable. I was a bit half-and-half considering it was an anime and the live action movie (I know it was a game condensed into one movie, but STILL), but it was better than I expected! I definitely loved the way the episode portrayed the case, especially with all the original expressions retained. For the most part, I thought the cheap animation was unnoticable unless I made an effort to nitpick at it, so that makes it okay in my book. Hopefully they'll be able to keep this up.

Was the amount of episodes ordered ever mentioned? I saw the way the lyrics in the opening and ending were displayed and I wondered if the anime is going to go on for longer than a two-cour. I'd worry if it was condensed into thirteen episodes.
    It's 22-26 eps. Not sure why they haven't picked yet but it's two cour at least.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    I wonder if they'll cover Rise from the Ashes. If so, I'm looking forward to that SO MUCH

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I haven't watched episode 1 yet because I'm a huge fan of the series, so I have to ask a few questions to gauge my interest:
    1. Do they use the game's OST? covers or original are fine, but if they use different music then I will not be a happy camper.
    2. Is it paced well? With the way the games are, I'm afraid that pacing will be an issue. Too much time focused on investigations, or too little, too fast, etc..

I haven't heard much praise about the art but that's OK if the other stuff is fine. And yeah the Ending is terrific from what I've seen on YT.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    0302-0673-6494
    My headphones are broken so I couldn't hear it very well, but I recognized some pieces of OST. I couldn't tell if they were the original or remixes.
    The pacing... I don't know, there was no investigating in the first episode. I assume it won't take up too much time, since the next episode is apparently trial day 1 of Turnabout Sisters.

The art is pretty good, I was kind of blown away by the quality when I first saw it.

All of my favorite characters die AdministratorModeratorCascade UserBoulder UserSS Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    alrighty. I'll probably check it out sometime this week or next week and see for myself then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3DS Friend Code
    2148-8282-2003
    I watched the first 2 episodes. Episode 2 was definitely better. I feel like it's being billed as more of a character drama than a courtroom thing - but next episode will have its fill of the court case as well. I liked the development it added to the characters though.

I'll definitely keep watching it, if nothing else to watch Miles Edgeworth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast